Leeds shopping wonderful shopping surprise

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I really do want to go and see an opera , i will be searching for a good one fir this year
I would recommend "Carmen". Not too long, some great tunes that you'll recognise and an easy to follow storyline.
Boy meets girl.
Girl is a bit flighty.
Girl goes off with another.
Boy stabs and kills girl on the, "if I can't have you no-one else can" basis.
End of opera.

davylad

Site Supporter
I really do want to go and see an opera , i will be searching for a good one fir this year

I got talking to an opera fan in London, and she advised me to go and see La Traviata, if I was a bit green on it. She said it was an easier one to follow, as some are a bit deep until you become more educated on it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I would recommend "Carmen". Not too long, some great tunes that you'll recognise and an easy to follow storyline.
Boy meets girl.
Girl is a bit flighty.
Girl goes off with another.
Boy stabs and kills girl on the, "if I can't have you no-one else can" basis.
End of opera.
Cant find anywhere to go see Carmen ,i think all are postponed. I want to see a proper opera Carmen ,Madame Butterfly, La Traviata any good one if anyone can help please. I would prefer a Saturday night .

davylad

Site Supporter
I never ever thought I'd go to a ballet or an opera, but I've been to the ROH many times now, and seen some superb ballets. I got into it taking one of my granddaughters to her schools at times, and I've met some of the top notchers like Acosta, Nunez, Yanowsky, McCrae, and they're all down to earth sort of people, just doing a job they love. The people that fascinate me are some of the orchestra, I mean a place like the Opera House, and there they are going home on their bikes, with their instruments on their backs. (Even a cello)

Marker50

Site Supporter
we met a couple in rhodes last year.
He was a opera singer and voice coach.
After many drinks in the lift he let rip with a opera tune.
It was mega loud i could not believe how powerful it was.
Never forget it

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
There used to be a Bloke in Leeds outside Marks and Spencers Called Danny Freeman who sang, had a great voice and Raised Thousands for Charity.

1598988972878.png

davylad

Site Supporter
Yeah they don't use microphones, powerful voices all of them. The best seats (and cheaper) are usually higher up I was told.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I believe that it was sometime in December. When I can contact a friend in Ilkley I'll ask her as she's a chorus member.

Have now tracked Una down. This was in April 2016 to mark the 90th anniversary of the opera "Turandot" from which the Aria "Nessum Dorma" (none shall sleep) is taken.