Leeda Ikon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
I bought these rods at the Chatsworth Angling Fair.
The pair is made up of a Method Feeder and a Bagging Waggler.
The pair cost me 100. from Used Tackle of Nottingham.

They were purchased for the day at Draton Resevoir and I had hoped to test them thoroughly. Unfortunately the fish had othere views and I only latched into 2 all day, but that gave me a fish to play on each of them.

I must admit that recently the majority of my fishing has been with a Pole but I was very impressed with the casting capability of both rods.
I was using a Floats Direct Bagging Waggler and was able to cast it about 30 meters into a very stiff wind - this was not far short of the people casting the torpedo bagging wagglers which are supposed to cast far better.

When playing the fish both Rods were balanced and never fully presurised, you always felt in control and the rods absorbed many of the hard runs - true the fish were only around the 6.5lb mark but I feel confident that these rods will cope with much bigger fish, ir required (I hope they will been soon) and one should also bear in mind how hard the Drayton fish fight.

I am looking fiorward to using these rods again soon would recomend them to anyone who is looking for this type of rod - the Method Feeder rod could also be used for barble fishing / heavy feeder which I'm looking forward to trying come the 16th June.

Poles

Great info, great guys great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

norm

POLEPOT

you should have cast into andy`s` swim like i did and you would have tested them rods out good and proper icon_smile_blush.gif

see ya later mate

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Polepot

Poles
Norm,

I do have some standards - only a few.

Also to cast from where I was to Andy's swim I would have to have broken the world distance casting record. Unless of course I had swithched pegs, but the wouldn't have worked 'cause you already had.

Now about that groundbait, water is free.

Poles

Great info, great guys great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

waxlion1

Polepot

The rods you had at Drayton looked the bizz, nawt wrong with them, I think you've got a good buy there! icon_smile_approve.gif

Waxlion1

Status
Not open for further replies.