ledgering boilies with no inline weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1LVERBACK

after trying my hand at ledgering a 2 oz inline lead and boilies at my local after my night shift and losing a **** load of leads in snags i have come to the conclusion that i would rather fish without the lead and let the weight of double boilies do the job.is that feasable? i like the quivertip method but the pond is unbelievably snaggy and i cant be arsed forking out for leads every trip lol.

S1LVERBACK

30 to 50 yards roughly.i was using a selection of weights really but i lost more 2oz ones as i only had about 2 one oz ones.

Last edited:

Stewart Bloor

The problem isn't so much the lead as the snags. Even without a lead, the moment you catch a decent fish it will head for whatever snags are there.

What you need to do is to spend some time building up a picture of what lies beneath the surface and fish accordingly.

chrishowe425

try fishing the margins .

i fish a venue that has snags out towards the middle of the lake .

i just stick to fishing in the margins its just a case of hit and hold[:D]

S1LVERBACK

Originally posted by Stewart Bloor

What you need to do is to spend some time building up a picture of what lies beneath the surface and fish accordingly.

how do i go about that mate ?

mangrojack

get your marker rod out mate,

look for all the differences on the lake bed in depth, weed,snags, gravel bars, sand bar.

draw a picture of the lake everytime you find summit new mark it down on the picture then u no where it is 4 next time.

you might lose the odd lead in snags wile lookin for them but least you will no where they are for next time and wont cast into them wile fishing.

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
try using what is known as a chod rig - the lead is fixed to the mainline (tied) and the hooklink is above it, sort of in a helicopter rig style, but you can ajust where it is placed (eg , 1 foot above the lead etc). This way, the lead will get stuck in the snags but the hook will now - therefore showing the bait and not having it buried - along with the lead, in the mud and snags etc. Alternitavely, you could use a much lighter lead or try and use a pva bag with the lead and hooklink in, so you dont get stuck in the snags all the time

Larry

Lazarus
Of course you can fish without alead weight on line,I fish without a weight on my line all the time on my clubs pool i use an Emstat feeder with the weight taken out & put groundbait round the feeder ,smooth the groundbait into like an aerodynamic sausage shape you'll find you can cast 40-60yds fishing like this,Fish carp style with alarm & slack line ,Or no alarm just with bait runner on also fish it with slightly loose clutch. When you get a run no to strike hard fish is already on just turn handle to release bait runner &tighten up gradually tighten slack clutch the apply steady pressure to turn fish. The beauty of fishing like this 99%of the time the fish don't realise they hooked they don't go of like scalded cats like the blot rig method of fishing with heavy weight .ive often landed carp of well over 10lbs in minutes you have to net them 1st time touogh if you don't &let them turn you'll have battle on hands to get them back to net. I use a short hook link of about 4 inches, they call the method on f fishing this way the Dog s**t method because it look like dog s**t.Some of the anglers do not use an emstat feederjust completly cover the hookbait in groundbait.I use an active groundbait .

Status
Not open for further replies.