Lead Me not into Temptation??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Picture the scene yesterday.
I havent fished for a couple of weeks due to my mate being poorly and one thing or another.
Im up on the boat. Im moored up in the marina and its deluged all day long and now its late evening and everyone but one of my mates (who poaches it regularly for the roach and is down the pub anyway [:D]) has gone home. The marina is deserted.
Molly has left some dried food in her dish and its been out in the rain during the day and so to get rid of it I chuck it in the canal.
20 seconds later and from my side hatch comes the usual slurping ,gurgling noises telling me the carp are there on the free floaters.
I go and look and there she is. Fish of my dreams. Ive always wanted to catch a big ghostie and this one is without exageration 6 inches maybe a tad more across the head and is a big golden flanked deep heavy girl.
She has got to go more than 20lb.
Im on my own. My gear is there on the boat, I have a bag of dog biscuit and loads of crusty bread and nobody would be any the wiser if I get my stalker rod out and my pike reel out and stick it through the side hatch.
So was I devil or angel ?????

Nightowluk

after reading your post on this fish previously BB, i would say, you didn't chuck a line as it would have been too easy?

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Depends if you caught it, if you did your an angel if you didnt why not you devil?? lol

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Barrybloke
As you well know poaching is not only illegal it also sheds a poor light on Angling in general..................

Having said that...............

I hope you caught the Bu66er [:D][:D]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Where would the harm be....kit up drop it in and after a good 10 min scr*p plop back she goes......you all the happier.

Something tells me Barry you are sounding out the masses. Too many objections and we would never know eh? if you get the resounding "you should have gone for it" the ghostie pic gets posted.......

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
[:D][:D][:D] Thats the furthest thing from my mind Enigma. Anyone on here that knows me will know and tell you I couldnt give a monkeys about seeking approval of the masses mate.[:D]

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
An angel. While the thought may have entered your mind, I know
it would have got no further than to provide a brief moment of
devilish amusement to think "What if..."

However, the thought of you dressed in a little white loincloth
with little white wings and a harp........lets just not go there! [:D]

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by muskrat

However, the thought of you dressed in a little white loincloth
with little white wings and a harp........lets just not go there! [:D]

Little white loincloth.

You can't be thinking of the same Barrybloke I last remember seeing. [:D]

chris w

pc problem solver
angel although the temptation may have been there i think you like your mooring to much

or am i wrong

dave the fish

Site Supporter
I bet you didnt because its Saffys little pet and you wouldnt want to upset her. angel.gif

Bill G

Grandad
blokey from what i know of you you would not put a baited hook anywhere near that tame ,pet ,freindly , almost member of the family, almost hand reared fish that you would not see again for quite a while if you did try for it
shame on you if you did [:0]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Confess,
you hooked it didn't you, but it did you under the boat. devil-flip.gif

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
At the end of the day Barry
we are still no wiser. [:(] [:D]

Harry.

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by HarryOatcake

At the end of the day Barry
we are still no wiser. [:(] [:D]

Harry.

Yes Harry we know the state of your education, but did Barry catch the fish [:D]

I think you didn't Barry as you respect the rules.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
No I didnt,,,,, God I wish I had have done now though[:D][:D]
I didnt know I had become so predictable. [:D][:D]

Seriously although I would love to see the fish out of the water for a few seconds , what would it have proved??
Saffron could have caught it.
I only had to put a piece of crust on its nose and it would have taken hook, line and sinker as they say.
My Grandad would have given me a big phsycic slap round the ear and I would have been ashamed of myself afterwards.
Its GeoffPs fault really.
I remember seeing a pic of his holding a big ghostie quite some time ago and I thought it was a lovely fish back then and Ive always wanted to catch one.
My best one has been 8lb plus and it wasnt a particularly nice one either from Silversprings.
This particular fish in the marina is a stunner.Its very deep and a lovely golden.brassy type of yellow.
Still she may take a swim down to Birdpool one day and I may catch her there. Then it would be a different story.
Cant see it though while my little un keeps running Carpy Holiday Inn from the side hatch[:D]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I knew I would get the blame sometime.

Do you mean this one Barry, caught at Blyton

d8005c01.png

or this one from Hazle Court

Datafile11.asp

The one from Hazle Court fought like a gorilla on steroids while the one from Blyton came in like a wet sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.