law on towing cars and vans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazw

i know we have some of the gents(and maybe ladys) in blue about on here , can anyone tell me what the present laws are under the road traffic act and what have you for pulling a non working car (ie towing )
i thought you have to use a link bar now and tow ropes were banned , and that you can only tow like for like ( car-car , van-van [do you like it with the little tow ropes [:D] ] not van-car , car-van )

having a discussion on another site and cant find out by the usual google methods so thought i would ask

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
You should be able to find what you need here;.............

LINK

Last edited:

bazw

no good david , been through it 2 or 3 time during the week and could not find anything that deals with pulling another car or van , only clue i have found is that in an older law you could be done for using a tow rope that was too long , but no length is given for too long !!!! so i guess its a subjective one (pee off the police person have a fine [:)] )this is why i was asking for a person in blue for the answer as they tend to be the only people with all the clues
i was told once that you can not get in a car and back out again with out breaking a law in this country in some way ha ha

groundhog

Life Survivor
bazw ask,Or ring your local police station, if they cannot answer your query ask them to give you a contact phone number for the area traffic division.
They are the one's to tell you.
Regards G.H.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.