Lava Rocks

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Found an old thread on here where they were dismissed. Been about for a few years now though. So has anyone been using them since then and had any success with them?

Are they just for sprinkling on top of a method feeder or are there any other applications?

Nicky Dodds

Kayleigh smith puts them in her roach groundbait along with pinkies to keep the fish interested. Idea being that when the pinkies may have gone it keeps the odd fish in the swim picking them up out of curiosity.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Used them a few times on our club waters but, like everything up here, we seem to run out of stuff and then that’s that. Back to brown crumb. 🙄 They still dye your fingers though. I come away looking like I smoke 40 cigs a day.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It sounds to me like a bit like a Cheap TV Game Show. :LOL: Do look interesting though, the way they colour up the water. I'm thinking about trying the green colour on a fishery where green groundbait works because the fishery pellets are green. Should probably get used to fishing a method feeder before I start experimenting with stuff like this though it caught my eye last night.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Found an old thread on here where they were dismissed. Been about for a few years now though. So has anyone been using them since then and had any success with them?

Are they just for sprinkling on top of a method feeder or are there any other applications?

Yes can be good on some venues ,just a slight sprinkling . Another good option is 2 different coloured brown pellets, darker and lighter ,seems to work very well .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yes can be good on some venues ,just a slight sprinkling . Another good option is 2 different coloured brown pellets, darker and lighter ,seems to work very well .

Good when you can use your own pellets. 😁 I remember when I fished Woodlands View recently and their pellets where bright blue! I imagine that a blue or green colour lava rock might work there if allowed.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Y
Good when you can use your own pellets. 😁 I remember when I fished Woodlands View recently and their pellets where bright blue! I imagine that a blue or green colour lava rock might work there if allowed.
Yes i fish a few venues where you can use any pellets , the ones you cant ask if you can add a dye and keep ,your receipt and the bags they come in .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yes i fish a few venues where you can use any pellets , the ones you cant ask if you can add a dye and keep ,your receipt and the bags they come in .
That's a good point for the place that I fish that only allows their own pellets and has just banned groundbait, would have to check to see if they're allowed. (y)