Laughing at the Insanity of buying the latest tackle !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
flittin through Facebook I came across another one of those, buy these advert little films

and what it was for had me grinning with the insanity of it all,

for a while now, pretty near every pole manufacturer has been plugging the latest add ons for thier respective best evers

one of these was "Short Kits" which according to the blurb and scuttlebutt, improve the pole no end once you have laid out your hard earned

this latest one though......................wait for it,.........................................drum roll,................................. was for

Extention pieces for those short kits, for when you need that bit more length

either Im loosing it or the worlds getting madder each day

Dropon

flittin through Facebook I came across another one of those, buy these advert little films

and what it was for had me grinning with the insanity of it all,

for a while now, pretty near every pole manufacturer has been plugging the latest add ons for thier respective best evers

one of these was "Short Kits" which according to the blurb and scuttlebutt, improve the pole no end once you have laid out your hard earned

this latest one though......................wait for it,.........................................drum roll,................................. was for

Extention pieces for those short kits, for when you need that bit more length

either Im loosing it or the worlds getting madder each day

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Extension pieces for short kits ? 😆😆😆. You're right Mick. The world has gone mad.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think it's getting to the point where manufacturers are going round in circles reinventing the wheel, tweak here, tweak there, lose the concept, promote as yet another 'must have'
Plenty of ‘must haves’ I don’t own and I reckon these will be joining the list......

mimississ

Site Supporter
I'm gonna buy a standard long kit and make it into a short one,,,,,?????

davej1981

When i see all the stuff that available that wasnt 20ys ago and the change in design of things i often think it catches anglers more thn fish! Especially when im forever seeing people complaining about the weight of boxes etc. And i never recall poles breaking so regularly. I keep thinking of upgrading some of my stuff (its all 20+ yrs old now) but then i see all the posts about box weights and see all these broken poles I decide i wont bothwr unless i have to

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
What we could do with is someone smashing up everyone at the FishO final whilst sat on a wicker basket with a split cane rod and a centrepin, and whatever was used for a pole in those days :D

Dropon

Slightly off topic but on the same theme, do any of you have a Drennan double 2 top kit ? Can any one tell me the length of the top piece . Thanks in advance.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
The way that I see it is that an alternative option is being offered, or am I wrong?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
LOL, Matrix short kit extenders, so you can extend your short kit to the length of a normal Top 2, you couldn't make it up. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
It’s for if you want to use a short kit, which have their obvious benefits, but you’re fishing long, maybe to an island , you’re pole might just be short, so the extender gives an extra bit of reach 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have no idea what these things are but if you can have whatever a short kit is and an extension that can make it into a long kit if that’s a thing then surely that’s more versatile than just a long kit? But I have literally no idea about poles just trying to get my head around what it means and how it could work lol

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s for if you want to use a short kit, which have their obvious benefits, but you’re fishing long, maybe to an island , you’re pole might just be short, so the extender gives an extra bit of reach 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I know where you're coming from Gary, just not sure I would want to add what's basically a parallel extension when fishing long as to me it would offer a potential weak spot. It would be interesting to see the weight difference if any between a normal top 2 and a short kit + extension.;)