Laugh at work

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Our labourer isnt talking to me at the moment.
Earlier he was holding some timber for me whilst I nailed it in place with a 1st fix Paslode (nail gun)
His back was turned to me and he flinched everytime the gun fired.....

Once we'd finished I said "thats it Roy" and he went to walk away, however I held onto the back of his jacket tight to the wood :)

His language was colourful as he thought I'd nailed him to the timber, and I just made it worse by holding on lol :D

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I don't know if this counts as work really, but last year on the clubs lakes, I was doing my rounds and had my air rifle with me for the rats. I'd been down chatting to a member when a rat appeared on the water, so, taking aim and pulling the trigger, the rat disappeared just as the gun went off. The top of the members float took flight and if looks could kill, yes, I shot his float. He even says to this day I did it on purpose.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
The laughter is the biggest thing I miss about my time with the NCB:cry:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The thing being with been the site Clown comic is when summat serious happens no one Believes me :oops: one occurence comes to mind with my late father in law, he was admitted into hospital on the week ending Good Friday with blood flow problems, his leg was Black, anyway they said he would have an amputation on the Thursday, they managed to put a tube in and get blood Flowing saving his leg but only after an operation as well. I went into the Builders yard Tuesday and was asked, You had a good easter mate, to which i explained about the Father in law and the Possible Amputation, to Roars of Laughter and go on did ya get a Buyer for his slippers o_Oo_O it was only when Jnr told em it werent a joke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I worked on one job and the old boy next door came talking and started slagging off the local hospital. He said the food was awful and that he had lost over 2 stone in a month.
He had been in and had a leg amputated

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Shortly after moving into my new management role in Northampton I was having lunch with some of my staff and sitting alongside some from the Operations area of the business (we were accounts). Someone mentioned that in Operations they were not allowed to laugh. Apparently the reason was that visitors might think the staff were not concentrating on their jobs. I said that I encouraged laughter in the team I managed, and I would be the one telling the jokes.

To me staff need to feel comfortable to produce their best and the occasional laugh helps. My staff were professional enough to know when they needed to keep their minds on the job and when we could take a few minutes to lighten the mood.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I’m on a big house to flats conversion and one of the sparkles Jimmy is deaf as a post, the young apprentice is with him today and came up to see us, I said to him are ya still loving it ? He said yeah but it would be better if jimmy weren’t deaf, I said what ? He repeated, I said what again he repeated again and cottoned on calling me a **** ???I shouted jimmy saying oi he’s complaining about ya being Deaf, Jimmy said cheeky little fker I’m not Blind ???

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
When i was on the gaff we found out the new lad had a fear of clowns, so ,,,being the nice kind gentle thoughtful kind of lads we were...we had him help pull the ghost train down.

Wingnut ran around the back and went inside, put on the scary clown outfit and waited, of course we had to move the manakins to the center of the ride so we could fold the sides up and he was a bit nervous but pulled himself together and went to lift the scary clown...... i didn't realise a male could reach such a high pitch scream, it took us ten minutes to wake him up, we honestly started getting worried thinking we'd put him in a coma or something!

Sportsman

Site Supporter
In the 1980s I was working on a gas production platform off the east coast. The system for getting hold of someone was you called the control room and the operator would put out a tannoy.
One night we had a new operator on duty and unfortunately he had a bit of a lisp. The lads were not slow in catching on and all night we were treated to calls over the tannoy along the lines of:
"Walf Wichardson, Walf Wichardson. wing the wecweation woom Walf.
It's making me laugh just remembering :D
Needless to say, walf never wang ;)