Latex Doubled Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksdar

Apologies for another posting on elastics!

Does anyone use doubled up latex? Reason is I have loads of 3/4/5 latex. Would this be any good doubled up for commercials?

Thanking you in advance [:T]

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I find plain latex doesn't run as smooth or work as well as Preston Original Slip.

I know a few do use doubled up latex though and find it OK.

MuckFish

I use a double #4 latex for fishing matches where there are lots of silvers and small (up to 3lb ish) Carp. I find it works well, especially fishing to hand with the silvers. I guess a double #6 would work ok for larger Carp. Definately worth trying [^]

petert

3 would be equivalent to 4 to 6
4 would be equivalent to 5 to 8
5 would be equivalent to 6 to 10 most top anglers use Double 5

270181pimp

I recently went to doubled up preston slip, and can truly say i wasnt happy with it at all, its great on the strike but as soon as a metre or so comes out it begins to bottom out quickly making the pole bend, i didnt like its action and have now gone back to Vespe hollow now im happy again. Its one of those things in it if you dont try it youll never know, It may suit some but not others.

slf

NUFC
i've been using doubled latex for a while now, i ahve used preston sluip and pure latex and didnt find much difference to be honest, it can stick but if you keep it clean and its lubed it will be fine

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
My top kits are fitted the same i.e.from the bung make a loop and stretch holding bung against the outside of the kit the loop is then adjusted so it doesnt jam in the top section tie a knot and re-elasticate the kit you now have a soft single on the hook-up and the loop comes into play on the run,my match results and pleasure sessions tell me its working well.[:T][:T]

petert

I am using doubled no4 and no5 and I was wondering what strength of main line and hooklength you use with them.
oldtart do you mean you are only doubling up the last six ins

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
Petert the big loop comes off the bung,you must make sure the double loop doesnt jam in your top kit at full stretch or it wont work I use preston slip from 6 to 14 in this mode.the line Iuse is Ultima with 6 Preston 3.2lb main line 2.6lb hook length for small carp to 6lb and tench to 6lb.PM me if you need more info[:T]

petert

Power Match or power silk with Vespe elastic. I used to do that way when I first started on a pole then I used the Mulleto system.

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
I bought my first pole nearly 40 years ago 9.5mtr fibreglass,and have fished the same way since,Im in no rush to land fish even in matches I suppose its a matter of choice[:)]

al

the singing angler
i personally find the latex sticks dont know why just my experience

luckypiker

I use preston slip no4, 5 6 and 8 doubled with a pulla bung. I fished a local lake this morning and caught big crucians, skimmers and tench to 4lb and found double 5 perfect in conjunction with a pulla bung.

Status
Not open for further replies.