Latest "Must Have"

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
What's wrong with it?
Getting up again, that's what's wrong with it.
Especially on a wet, slippery platform decorated with goose tish.
Me falling in would create a lot more disturbance than chucking a little bucket in!

But like "Arry, I use a bait tub in a landing net.
Sometimes the damn thing won't sink and fill with water, so I tip it over using the net.
Then it sinks like a stone, never to be seen again.
Always take a spare. Or two.
:oops:

You need to be young, fit, and agile like me. Down, scoop, up again before the water even knows it’s in me bait tub 😘

JayD

After years of scooping water out with a bait box, either in the landing net, or kneeling, I found that the landing net spilled half of it, and my knees seem to be aging quicker that the rest of my joints, I had to come up with something else. I made a small 'bucket' with short strings that I could hook over a spare spreader block attached to either my spare landing net handle, or a long bank stick. I then tried a similar thing that that had a 3/8th BSF thread that could be used in either, then one that had a side clip that clipped onto my landing net handle, this one came off when 'dipping' in a weedy margin. None of the 'pots' held more than about a half pint, but a couple of scoops covered most situations, more groundbait, more scoops, I found the first one to be the best for me.

It depends on how much groundbait you want to mix, but I'm surprised that the pole users haven't suggested a large pole pot. I would have thought that 3 or 4 scoops in the edge with that, would cause less disturbance than dropping a 3.5 litre bucket into your swim.

John

adrian john tas

Site Supporter
Have used the matrix version of this for a while now ,so much safer on lakes where platforms are high off water that is 16 to 18 ft deep just off platform ?
Comfortable spending around £10 for this safety

grey

Site Supporter
On a Guru bucket I'd have expected a one way valve on the bottom (rather than a bucket that's designed to fall over in the water).

Also find the name is nowhere near as imaginative as the bucket... maybe naming it the Guru H2O2U would have better reflected the crass idea behind the product.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Small riddle in bag bucket on top small round corn container in bucket slightly larger hemp container on top of that
and maggot box on top of that, sorted.

I understand these guru thingies are sixteen quid, some people have too much money.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
On a Guru bucket I'd have expected a one way valve on the bottom (rather than a bucket that's designed to fall over in the water).

Also find the name is nowhere near as imaginative as the bucket... maybe naming it the Guru H2O2U would have better reflected the crass idea behind the product.

Or H2O4U ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
H2O is a marketing ploy - it's being released as the Mk1. In about 12months time when the sales slow down and the product has reached it's audience potential, it is going to be renamed 'Water' and then all the Guru faithful will flood ebay with their old buckets and buy the new Mk2's

:D

Total

Site Supporter
H2O is a marketing ploy - it's being released as the Mk1. In about 12months time when the sales slow down and the product has reached it's audience potential, it is going to be renamed 'Water' and then all the Guru faithful will flood ebay with their old buckets and buy the new Mk2's

:D

^^ That'll be a shame as I've just bought an orange sand bucket! :love: :D

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Whilst I like small rivers and stillwaters the water in Godber`s photos looks interesting, I reckon a 4AAA waggler say fifteen
yards out. Couple of good dollops of sensas lake followed by a drip feed of maggots, yes very interesting.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
@Godber
Sinister looking building there, Mick.
Is that the Ministry of Truth, or Port Talbot Docks?
Or are they both the same thing?
Thats a cement works l think Dave, l used its lighting pylons as markers to cast too.

kniteforce

i watched a video on youtube last night where i saw that matrix are selling a " feeder sleeve" for making a cage feeder more like a solid one, whats wrong with insulation tape??

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We now have a video on how to use said bucket...

I must say it looks more substantial in the flesh :)