Latest Irish Bait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I understand large catches are being made on Pickled Onions flavoured with Guinness.

Can anyone confirm?

Trev

(with apologies to Fishing Magic lol)

Ziptrev pug_e0.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

norm

looks more like meatballs and gravy (lol)

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well after loadssh of sherious reshearch I can honeshtly shay that I don't know. But seriously do the bubbles in your pint of Guiness float up the glass or sink downicon_smile_question.gif

Fact: The bubbles ARE going up. It only LOOKS like they're going down. The reason for this optical illusion is the turbulence in the glass after pouring the drink. Dark liquid is flowing down the inside of the glass and rising in the centre giving us this circulation of fluid. It is this dark fluid rippling down the inside of the glass, superimposed on the white froth, that gives the impression that the bubbles are sinking. Look closely and you'll see what I mean.
The next time your landlord/lady asks you to leave the pub on the grounds that you are sloshed, tell him/her that you are actually participating in a shcientific shtudy, drooling.gif

Oh, back to the question.....

Dave {hic}

G

Mmmm Trev i wonder? nah it would be a
crybaby2.gif shame to spoil the beloved black stuff, i"d rather have it in a meat pie{LoL}
Then again you never know until you try it.
Cya soon Trev Andy

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Not so sure about that Trev. I showed your pic of the onions to my pet pumpkin. Here is it's reaction.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Newt! Groundbait too huh!

OK folks this is it!
3.00 am and off to Eire whether she's ready or not!!

3 members of the Zippy male line meeting in Killashandra in 10 hours time!

Tight Lines everyone,
Back on the 14th!!

CYA'LL

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Safe trip mate hope you have a great time n don't forget to land a record Tinca Tinca on the 11th icon_smile_wink.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just got a text off Trev, his ferry crossing has been delayed until 3.00pm because of strong winds, he thinks the curse has something to do with it, methinks it's the Garda trying to keep him off the land icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

G

The Zippy curse.
Dave and the lads Trev had to change the ferry operator to Stenna Line,they must have no clue about the Zippy Curse.
Andy

waxlion1

I got the same text from Zip, I told him to pop around for a cup of tea.

Quite glad he didn't, who knows what may have happened! icon_smile_blackeye.gif LOLLLLL

Waxlion1

scouse

'River Man'
HI Lads
has he arrived yet,
that ferry can cut through 9metre waves no problem
i`v been on it
the curse stikes again
dave (scouse)

Edited by - Dave on 06 April 2002 9:04:48 PM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,

I got a message off him a couple of hours ago saying that he had made it and was preparing for a pre-baiting session prior to an all out attack tommorrow icon_smile.gif

Fingers crossed, Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gaaaaawwwwwd 'elp Ireland the curse has arrived.

While he is away somebody talk about him. I won't I am a coward. Margaret asked me is it true that while he is away the curse has lifted. No daughter keep taking the pill.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

scouse

'River Man'
Hi geoff
I hope not i told him all the best places in belturbet
to go, including a tench lake that holds 10lb plus
fish i`m going in june hope i dont blank s***
dave (scouse)

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
is it true everyone is going fishingmad for the next week while the curse is away?

scouse
do you mean the lake don past shaun fitzpatricks complex which is surrounded by reeds that has big rudd in as well ive looked at it a few times when ive been over

tight lines.
martin.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Gents - this is one POWERFUL curse Zippy puts out.

As many may know, he is hopping across the pond next month for a week of fishing and shopping Bass Pro with me.

Well, I just returned from a weekend fish-in in South Carolina. Carp mostly. By my rough count, over 200 fish were netted from Friday evening thru Sunday afternoon. A friend from Virgina arrived Friday and caught a dozen or so Friday afternoon and and into Saturday morning.

After I arrived, he blanked. I blanked. This morning, the two anglers to our right banked 14 fish to 18lbs and the fella to our left banked 3. We blanked.

My take for the weekend was lots of sun and zero fish. Awk!!!!

Still, the trip was well worth while. Good folks and fun to see others catching so well. Nothing large (as in none 20+) but many doubles. I'll post pics when I get them. Turns out my digital camera never left home.

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
hi newt
"over 200 carp over w/e"
good job it was this month & not next trev could have changed the result youll see what we mean

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.