lastpass

stikflote

Site Supporter
Has anyone used LassPass password manager .,says you only need one password to remember.

Ive been struggling to remember my passwords just lately,

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
Has anyone used LassPass password manager .,says you only need one password to remember.

Iv'e used it for the last 2 years and it's very good, but it's changing on the 16th March so you can only use the free version on one device.
Also it's been in the news that they use trackers but you can turn them off. Iv'e turned the trackers off so as long as your happy using it on one device it's a very good app.

HawkerMan

Site Supporter

Have a look at Bitwarden it's free and you can use it on multiple devices.
I will probably switch to this as I can use it on multiple devices.

icaughtafishonce

Site Supporter
I would strongly recommend you use a password manager. I used to use lastpass, but about 3 years ago I switched to Bitwarden. It's really good. You get an app for your phone as well as the website when you're on a PC. You just have to remember one good password and then you can set really secure passwords for all other sites. Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager

In the interests of fairness, there is also 1password, but I've never used that. However it does get good reviews. Password Manager for Families, Businesses, Teams | 1Password

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
I would strongly recommend you use a password manager. I used to use lastpass, but about 3 years ago I switched to Bitwarden. It's really good. You get an app for your phone as well as the website when you're on a PC. You just have to remember one good password and then you can set really secure passwords for all other sites. Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager

In the interests of fairness, there is also 1password, but I've never used that. However it does get good reviews. Password Manager for Families, Businesses, Teams | 1Password
1Password is not free it's $3 a month when your free 30 day trial ends.
Iv'e just downloaded Bitwarden but can't get it to autofill am Imissing something.

piscatorial

I've used KeePass for the past 10 years, never tried LassPass.
KeePass can be installed on your PC or you can use the stand alone/ Portable version on a PC or USB stick etc.
Theres 2 versions to try, I mainly use Version 1.39

KeePass Password Safe

ae111sr

Site Supporter
I;ve been using Keypass on PC and laptop for the last 4 or 5 years - and its free. Also available for Android devices, I've got it on both a tablet and phone.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
personally i do not trust any password keepers, i have 4 variants of one password that i use across all my accounts, my suggestions is use a main name for the password but replace as many letters with numbers as you can i.e. John can be J04n, Anthony can be Anth0ny etc. then use random capital letters and then add special characters at the end i.e. @#~ and then a randomizer at the end i use a mix of 8 numbers in a logical pattern which i mix up.

Even if one password is compromised i edit it the next one etc. I find this really easy to remember but also very strong passwords. might work for you

piscatorial

personally i do not trust any password keepers, i have 4 variants of one password that i use across all my accounts.....
While thats fine if you only have a few passwords to remember it becomes harder the more you have.
Just checked my KeePass and I have 141 different passwords for various accounts.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
like i said i have 4 passwords, each is at least 12 characters and i find it easy, each to their own and having 141 different passwords makes zero sense to me.