Last day of the football season

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
help.gif So after 45 games it comes down to the last game of the season to see if my team, Wrexham stay in the football league!!

After years of neglect by the then owner ham@#$on, putting us into administration, getting docked 10 points, nearly going out of business last season, we find ourselves needing to avoid defeat against Boston this Saturday to stay in the football league.
Surely after all we have been through we can't go down?
So please this Saturday say a little prayer to the footy Gods angel.gif and keep us up!!

Just a note, if Boston do stay up they are going to put themselves into administration and take the 10 point deduction at the start of next season![:(!]

Many thans Panda

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Just a note, if Boston do stay up they are going to put themselves into administration and take the 10 point deduction at the start of next season![:(!]

Sorry Panda, but I don't get the relevance of that remark.

And, there's always The League of Wales. [;)]

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Originally posted by lurkio

They haven't paid the players in 2 months, water cut off and electric next, so they should have already gone into admin and taken the 10points already.

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by panda

Originally posted by lurkio

They haven't paid the players in 2 months, water cut off and electric next, so they should have already gone into admin and taken the 10points already.

That's the whole point of voluntary administration - it's voluntary, until the point where your creditors can force it, which they can't have done yet.

I'm sure that, as the players' salaries and payment schedule will form part of their contracts, they would be within their rights to walk away citing 'breach of contract' on behalf of the club.

That's between them and their employer (the club).

I am equally sure your motives are 100% the players' financial well-being and nothing to do with the plight of Wrexham. Very altruistic... [;)]

The timing of Leicester entering administration, writing off payments for their new ground and costing Taylor-Woodrow employees their jobs was what resulted in the ten point penalty being introduced.

Last edited:

midge99

Don't worry about it. We went down spent five years stuck in the conference before bouncing back, through the first ever conference play off's.
Last season we beat Man city (pens), Villa (3-0), before A***nal robbed us, in the league cup so just think about what there is to look forward to. Oh yeah we just got a new stadium as well, and won the Jonstone paints trophy

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
I too am keeping all my pinkies crossed.

Bristol City might just make it to the Championship automatically if they can stay above Forest and Blackpool this weekend.

Yeah, I know you're not interested, but I'm all giggly anyway [:D]

can i just ask how come their is no welsh or scottish teams in the premiership bin longing to know why

thespanner

Roach Basher.

There are no Welsh teams in the premiership because they are not good enough, there are no Scottish teams because they don't play in the English league, oh and also they aren't good enough either.[:D]

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Just hope Lincoln get a point to secure the play off spot for the 5th season running, hopefully we'll go up, but our recent form says otherwise.

BOSTON INBREDS TO THE CONFERENCE!

MARTIN UNWIN

bagger bill
come on STOCKPORT need a win to stand any chance of a play off spot,if we win and bristol shrewsbury or lincoln lose were in

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Originally posted by MARTIN UNWIN

come on STOCKPORT need a win to stand any chance of a play off spot,if we win and bristol shrewsbury or lincoln lose were in

sorry to say, you wont make it, I can see Shrewsbury winning looking at the form they're in at the moment.

MARTIN UNWIN

bagger bill
cant beleive you lads are fighting it out on the last day after being up there all season,if i can give you any advice pally that would be don't bet against us[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!

cant beleive you lads are fighting it out on the last day after being up there all season,if i can give you any advice pally that would be don't bet against us[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

We've just had a bad patch, we should be ok now... now that Beevers and Green have pulled their socks up.

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!

good luck mate

you too mate, with honesty, I dont think my beloved Lincoln will win the play offs, been there 4 times in a row, cocked up 4 times in a row too.

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Originally posted by pelly

Just hope Lincoln get a point to secure the play off spot for the 5th season running, hopefully we'll go up, but our recent form says otherwise.

Nice one mate

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by pelly

Feel the love for the bog dwellers [:D]

When will Lincoln actually manage to go up, its well over due.

Could always be worse, you could be a leeds fan, they have all taken up skydiving to keep up with their clubs fortunes [:D]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Football - now there is a sport that makes no sense to me at all. Personally I can't stand the game and all it stands for......am I alone in this thought?

Zebedee

Originally posted by Enigma

Football - now there is a sport that makes no sense to me at all. Personally I can't stand the game and all it stands for......am I alone in this thought?

nope

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by Enigma

Football - now there is a sport that makes no sense to me at all.

Does any sport?
Snooker big table little balls, long stick.
Formula One, just going round and round and getting nowhere.
Cricket, defending 5 sticks with a bigger stick, whilst some hooligan throws a ball at your sticks, the sensible way of defending your sticks would be to hit the hooligan throwing the ball with your big stick, but that apparently is not the aim of it.

Just a case of depends on how you look at it, and just a final thought, fishing we catch them then put them back, dont eat them, despite them being edible, its like digging up potatoes just to look them before putting them back in the ground.

Before I get flamed for my final thought I am not condoning the killing of carp or any other species, just using it as a point to ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.