Larger Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorne

I am after some larger/heavier feeders than you can buy in the shops.

Any contact details who make them ?

I did have a phone number for Steve Williams, Bridgnorth way I think
but I have left it on my old computer.

neneangling

Go to B+Q and get some fine wire mesh, a roll of lead, some power gum and some swivels. You can knock up tons of feeders in any size or shape you want for less than a tenner.

Chavender

Steve
if stevo carn't help then kenjiblaster25 on bfw makes some great;big feeders made to order.
franklinkr@cardiff.ac.uk

Last edited:

Tackle Talker

Nisa do pig big groundbait feeders upto 4oz. And a jumbo cage which you can add your own weight to. Both the biggest and heaviest about. Don't know of more shops stocking them tho. Think Bobco in leeds might tho.

BTB

I've just bought the Size 5 Preston GB feeders available in 30 and 50g.

They are the biggest GB feeder I've found.

Available in packs of two for 1.75 ish

tug

I use the containers for rolls of film drill as many holes as you need strips of lead whatever weight needed camera shops give give them away. cost roll of lead (if you don't know any builders.)negligable tug

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by tug

I use the containers for rolls of film drill as many holes as you need strips of lead whatever weight needed camera shops give give them away. cost roll of lead (if you don't know any builders.)negligable tug

I think he's talking more 3 inch drainpipe from B & Q, Tug ! [:D]

Hooty

Sorry, i though it said "Lager feeders".
Just when i thought someone had invented a tube feeder system for the amber nectar!
Not that i'm an alky or owt!

Hooty.

beer-toast1.gif

cess monkey

I make my own from damp proof membrane and flashing lead, there is no limit to the size and weight of feeder you can make.

Astounded Coach

Myself and Anchor Tackle are currently developing a new range of feeders specifically for the barbel angler (big river in particular), these will be big...and I mean big!
Should get the first batch of prototypes next week and hopefully be in the shops for Octoberish.
Not just another feeder....but can't say too much at the mo...[;)]

wlaw

when using lead flashings, isnt it toxic to fish?

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/444255/446867/255244/substances/176/?&lang=_e

cess monkey

The reason lead shot was banned was due to the deaths of wildfoul due to them eating the stuff.
As far as i am aware you can still use lead as weight as long as it is over 1oz in weight or below a no8 shot.
The ammount of lead used by anglers is proberbly doing far less damage than the vast ammount of chemicals used in industry and farming do to the system but that`s another topic innit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.