largemouth bass

Status
Not open for further replies.

chub

does anyone no were i can catch a largemoth bass in the uk below is a picture of a largemouth bass .

Datafile3.jpg

i love catching chub

TINY

Tiny
You`ll be lucky Chub.There not native to this country and I`ve never heard of them being here.[:)]Sorry mate,try asking Newt[;)]

Andy.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I have a feeling that they were stocked in at least one water.
Some where down south I think but it was a few years ago.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
there is no troggs stocked legaly in this country it is illegall to fish for them[:(][:(]
but you can still do trogg baiting[:D][:D]
but they can bite back[B)][B)][8D][8D]

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

MALC

Chub,

Esox.20 is right back in the 70's a few waters down south were stocked as a trial with Bass.

Can't remember how many waters but i do remember one was in Hampshire between Portsmouth and Southampton.

They never survived long though and now a days permission to stock them would never get given as the rules are now alot tighter on alien species than back then.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Malc I think they may have been trout waters that were stocked to
give more variety to the angler

chill out go fishing

chub

i hope that they can be stocked in our stillwaters as it would give us a challenge[:D]

i love catching chub

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Probably won't do you much good. Largemouth black bass need warmer conditions than I think they would find in the UK.

Smallmouth black bass, OTOH, do nicely in cooler conditions and the climate there would be fine for them. Very similar fish but doesn't grow quite as large.

Smallmouth will need fairly clear water with some rocky areas if they are to thrive and breed though.

(edit note: to sorta clarify the size thing, a national Bass magazine publishes pics of large bass caught and released alive by any member angler. The minimum for largemouth is 10lbs and the minimum for smallmouth is 6lbs).

Newt Vail

Last edited:

hull tyke

I heard some were stocked into a club lake near wareham in dorset
steve
[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.