Large lake/reservoir required for feeder fishing for bream within 50 miles of Chesham (HP5 1SH) please

Paul_T

Hi all,

I have returned to fishing after a 7 year break and have the urge to get out on the bank again.

I have been inspired to fish the feeder for predominantly bream, tench, skimmers, and roach after watching numerous videos on youtube by Steve Ringer, Adam Rooney, etc. I live in Chesham in Buckinghashire and the closest venues that would suit this style of fishing are probably the Tring Reservoirs (Marsworth, Startops, and Wilstone).

I walked around Marsworth and Startops on Saturday and after speaking to locals and the bailiff it was clear that the bream and roach haven't really been showing recently, except the occasional bream caught during the night by carp anglers. The water was very clear, and it was quite sunny, with a good blow on the water. I gave Marsworth a bash on Sunday and caught 55 perch on the feeder, and have got the bug to go again this weekend, but to a different venue that may give me a good chance of a few bream.

Please could anyone recommend a good bream day ticket water within 50 miles of Chesham? I do recall Furzton lakes in Milton Keynes held some bream, and mainly skimmers and roach, but I think it's more of a pole dominated water? Batchwood Lake in the Rickmansworth Aquadrome complex also looked fishy when I walked around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Paul

Paul_T

Let's see if we can narrow it down a bit...

Has anyone fished Waters Edge Fishery - Black horse lake (Milton Keynes), or Willows Lake St Albans recently? Willows looks like predominantly a carp water, but switches to bream in the cooler months.

Thanks,
Paul

smiffy

Site Supporter
I don’t know the venues but in my experience venues like these hold all the other species, they just don’t get fished for as much. Might be worth asking in the local tackle shop or chatting to some of the Carp lads, some of them are wealth of information if they’re getting “pestered“ by Bream etc?