Large coarse fishing lake Suffolk / Norfolk

Adders27

Looking for a decent size coarse fishing lake that isn’t dominated by carp anglers in the Suffolk / Norfolk border

I’m based near Diss and currently would like either a club water or easy entry day ticket

Any suggestions ?

smiffy

Site Supporter

Have’nt fished here for a few years but I’ve fished all these lakes and there’s plenty of room for all types of angling I would have thought. Ocean is a favourite of mine.

Adders27

I did walk Weybread and look into but I think it’s a mostly carp site and according to the FB posts it sounded the kind of place I would avoid
Looking for a quiet mid sized lake that isn’t a carp style bivvy venue .. seem to be very rare these days

smiffy

Site Supporter
It’s a sign of the times but don’t let that put you off. There must be plenty of room on Ocean to get away from Carp anglers and I know there used to be loads of Bream and Roach in there. Number 1 is big enough too with Bream and Roach aswell as Carp.

barbelblanker

I did walk Weybread and look into but I think it’s a mostly carp site and according to the FB posts it sounded the kind of place I would avoid
Looking for a quiet mid sized lake that isn’t a carp style bivvy venue .. seem to be very rare these days
Those lakes are the closest available fishing to me and I have been put off by the FB posts too. Seeing the car parks rammed also puts me off. I have walked round a couple of times and it seems there are a lot of carp anglers who just chuck and hope. I cant help thinking its no wonder they need to sit for days. The club should have had a limit on anglers, but as I understand it all profits go to a charity that also owns the lakes so its understandable I guess. I like peace when I'm fishing so I crossed that one off... and as you can tell I'm a grumpy old sod.
I'm always on the lookout for somewhere new to try, I recently went for a walk round Alton water, the size was a bit daunting but I will give it ago soon. Im a member of Bungay Cherry Tree, their club pit is a nice place to spend a few hours, and is never really busy. A proper mixed fishery with some specimen sized tench and bream plus carp to 24lb. Safe car parking too, and several swims you can park behind if you are unable to walk far, or just cba to walk. They also have a very easy lake rammed with carp, and several stretches of river. Have you tried Rocklands Mere?: Rocklands Mere Fishery - Crucian & Tench Fishing Norfolk