Landsend

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got a match at Landsend Sunday, so wanted to go and have a look at the work that’s been done since the new owner (Gary Anderson, Dart Player) took over. The fishery had declined a bit, stock levels dropped off and the foliage was rampant (the previous owner worked away a lot and was running another business, the fishery was a sideline/hobby).

Well, the arboreal incursion has been reversed, huge new platforms, paths around the fishery, new fish and some stock moved around, lots of work done, more planned, it’s looking good. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the fishery, it’s setting is idyllic, right on the top of the levels of Avalon, it’s one of the most peaceful commercials you can visit, but it’s a venue that hasn’t been kind to me results wise. Still, no result to get today, just an idea of how it’s fishing.

40CBACA1-CB52-4F93-B9ED-0FA4B26057FB.jpeg

A chat with Ade, who manages the day to day stuff for Gary and he told me about the new stocks and that the bigger carp had been moved out of the match lake, so it would be interesting.

Only took a pole, set up 4 rigs, one for banded pellet over to the island, on the shelf which was about 2’6” deep, one for the bottom of the shelf off to the right (gap in the islands), one for silvers at 11m and a rig for meat short.

I fed some GB and dead maggot on the 11m line hoping for skimmers and started in the meat short, nothing, so a look over the GB and a quick run of small F1’s and tench, obviously the new stocking. Decided that the shallow water against the island would be the best bet, 16m to it, so it would be a good work out with the new pole at that length.

E61F89E1-D648-407F-B4E3-497175EF089A.jpeg A63A7523-3211-4BFD-B0D3-D92BC903E495.jpeg

So it proved and after a spell catching the story tench and F1’s, so of the original F1’s put in an appearance, these are up to 3lb now.

402F910E-C703-45BA-9972-21FAC33C35DE.jpeg ED7D63C8-730A-4A29-85D8-0D1BA8EA2940.jpeg

Then finally the carp rocked up and pushed the smaller fish out, a banded pellet was the best bait and after 5 1/2 hours I called it a day and packed up, happy with what I’d learnt and the pole at that length. Will write a seperate review of the pole in a few days.

013DE52E-3044-4CA1-94A8-5FF01FA11CC1.jpeg

slaner

Site Supporter
im fishing the match sunday as well mate, gary has spent a massive amount of money and this will be a fishery that everyone will want to come to, it looks fantastic now

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Got a match at Landsend Sunday, so wanted to go and have a look at the work that’s been done since the new owner (Gary Anderson, Dart Player) took over. The fishery had declined a bit, stock levels dropped off and the foliage was rampant (the previous owner worked away a lot and was running another business, the fishery was a sideline/hobby).

Well, the arboreal incursion has been reversed, huge new platforms, paths around the fishery, new fish and some stock moved around, lots of work done, more planned, it’s looking good. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the fishery, it’s setting is idyllic, right on the top of the levels of Avalon, it’s one of the most peaceful commercials you can visit, but it’s a venue that hasn’t been kind to me results wise. Still, no result to get today, just an idea of how it’s fishing.

40CBACA1-CB52-4F93-B9ED-0FA4B26057FB.jpeg

A chat with Ade, who manages the day to day stuff for Gary and he told me about the new stocks and that the bigger carp had been moved out of the match lake, so it would be interesting.

Only took a pole, set up 4 rigs, one for banded pellet over to the island, on the shelf which was about 2’6” deep, one for the bottom of the shelf off to the right (gap in the islands), one for silvers at 11m and a rig for meat short.

I fed some GB and dead maggot on the 11m line hoping for skimmers and started in the meat short, nothing, so a look over the GB and a quick run of small F1’s and tench, obviously the new stocking. Decided that the shallow water against the island would be the best bet, 16m to it, so it would be a good work out with the new pole at that length.

E61F89E1-D648-407F-B4E3-497175EF089A.jpeg A63A7523-3211-4BFD-B0D3-D92BC903E495.jpeg

So it proved and after a spell catching the story tench and F1’s, so of the original F1’s put in an appearance, these are up to 3lb now.

402F910E-C703-45BA-9972-21FAC33C35DE.jpeg ED7D63C8-730A-4A29-85D8-0D1BA8EA2940.jpeg

Then finally the carp rocked up and pushed the smaller fish out, a banded pellet was the best bait and after 5 1/2 hours I called it a day and packed up, happy with what I’d learnt and the pole at that length. Will write a seperate review of the pole in a few days.

013DE52E-3044-4CA1-94A8-5FF01FA11CC1.jpeg
Great review 👏 love the pics , sounds a great place . Looks like you had a cracking day Chris.

mimississ

Site Supporter
It looks a lovely place,,, I remember when fishery rules were about baits u can/can't use etc not no drugs/alc/bbq,,,,,,, wot a sorry thing to put on a rules board,,,, embarrassing or wot

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
It looks a lovely place,,, I remember when fishery rules were about baits u can/can't use etc not no drugs/alc/bbq,,,,,,, wot a sorry thing to put on a rules board,,,, embarrassing or wot
Not sure why creating a decent environment for anglers to fish in is embarrassing. I’d rather that than fish by drunken, weed smoking degenerates. ( Save that for the pub and parties...... )

bluemack

Site Supporter
Not sure why creating a decent environment for anglers to fish in is embarrassing. I’d rather that than fish by drunken, weed smoking degenerates. ( Save that for the pub and parties...... )
I think he means what a thing to NEED to put on a rule board. (y)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
The whole of the sign is total overkill and needs removing. It is an embarrassment to decent anglers, who dont need to be lectured when going fishing. To me it says if you fish this venue expect to be joined by loads of idiots.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Where I fish there are signs saying no alcohol but people still drink there on the sly and get stoned as well, signs are good in theory but unless a bailiff is there constantly they ain't much use

Alantherose

Site Supporter
A guy ran himself over at a venue I fish at last year. Got slaughtered during the day, reversed his car to the peg, got out and forgot handbrake! Car went over him and into lake 😱😱😱