Landing Net Handle

Paul16469

Hi All,

Smashed the 1st section (the one that fits to the net) of my Preston Response Match 4m landing net handle. Anyone know if spares are available from anywhere please. Tried a repair but no good.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

Stanley

The only option you have is to send the section off to a pole repair company to see if they can fix the break in the section. Other option is depending on where the break is cut the section and then have a new insert made to insert into the larger section. I was very lucky in my younger days to have a Dad that worked in engineering so was able to make a new thread/brass insert for the top of the section along with pinning it in-place. There was a real bargain to be had last last year on a 4m carbon handle for under £30 but not sure if the shop has any left now.

Paul16469

Thanks for the information, appreciated. I've decided to go for a cheaper (Daiwa Power Carp) 3.5 m , which should do me ok. Just a shame to waste the other one , but it was beyond economical repair really. Never know, the new one may fit the old one in some sections, which would at least give me some spares.
Thanks again

The Landlord

Site Supporter
The only option you have is to send the section off to a pole repair company to see if they can fix the break in the section. Other option is depending on where the break is cut the section and then have a new insert made to insert into the larger section. I was very lucky in my younger days to have a Dad that worked in engineering so was able to make a new thread/brass insert for the top of the section along with pinning it in-place. There was a real bargain to be had last last year on a 4m carbon handle for under £30 but not sure if the shop has any left now.
That was the Frenzee handle because I bought one. They had a crazy flash sale on one day & were selling all sorts off really cheaply.