Landing Net Handle Spares

Chrissill

Hi all. Recently bought a Matrix Aquos Power Landing Net Handle, the 3m two piece version, and managed to crack the tip off the top section where the net screws in. No fault with the product mind, my fault, got it trapped on the bank and it cracked!

I just wondered where I might go to buy spares? Looks like theres been none in stock for a while on the Matrix website, any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can you telescope it?

If so, once you've fetled it to get a good fit apply a generous amount of Araldite and glue it in place.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Like a lot of things quite possibly not available until well into next year.
I have had a few discussions with various tackle firms this week along the lines of "Wheres my stock and when is it coming" and some of the answers were a bit disturbing. In one case there are several deliveries of a particular chair between now and July totalling 100 items and I am no 89 on the list so will be waiting best part of 12 months for supply.
Some firms are doing better than others as they may have got their orders in quickly but overall I predict there are going to be lots of gaps for most of next year.
Some firms cant even answer the phone due to covid induced rules and staff shortages and are email only or speaking to staff working from home.

Chrissill

No unfortunately its right at the end so won't telescope (n)

Yeah I spoke to a guy from Angling Direct recently, a lot of the brands seem to have the same issue. The massive increase in new people starting to fish this year, or starting up again during lock down (over 350,000 more rod licenses this year I believe) plus the difficulty in getting stock from China, has resulted in everyone being short of a lot of products.

Looks like I,ll have to keep using my back up until the situation resolves itself and everyones stock arrives. Probably next year now..

dealornodeal

Site Supporter
Is it possible to put a picture on of the affected area please as I have a few ideas but without seeing it its difficult to know if they are sensible or just stupid ideas,

markyboy

I did similar with my Aquos, ripped the threaded part out of the number 1 section, used a pole repair kit to pin and glue it back in place and secture with a couple of wraps of carbon cloth, the only thing I lost with it was the neoprene wrap, works fine now.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
While I was checking for something else I noticed delivery dates for the Aquos power 3m landing net poles end of January but I cant find out if they are already sold. from the web details.

Chrissill

I did similar with my Aquos, ripped the threaded part out of the number 1 section, used a pole repair kit to pin and glue it back in place and secture with a couple of wraps of carbon cloth, the only thing I lost with it was the neoprene wrap, works fine now.
Thats what I've done, the threaded steel has ripped out, but also cracked the tube around it.

Chrissill

While I was checking for something else I noticed delivery dates for the Aquos power 3m landing net poles end of January but I cant find out if they are already sold. from the web details.
Ive sent Matrix a message through their customer service portal on the website, hopefully they shouldn't take too long to get in. I might try a repair as indicated above to keep me going..

Steadyeddie 1

Site Supporter
Tidy the end of the broken handle up, take it and the threaded part to a local engineering firm and ask them to drill out the broken handle out of the threaded part. If it then fits the handle, it will just needs glueing with Araldite. If it does not fit, it may be possible to bore it out a bit bigger so that it will fit. I have done this to landing net handles before.

markyboy

Ive sent Matrix a message through their customer service portal on the website, hopefully they shouldn't take too long to get in. I might try a repair as indicated above to keep me going..
I did the same when I broke mine and they said they had none in stock nor were there any plans to get any, this was in September