Lame peg?

davylad

Site Supporter
What's the common ruling if someone requests a lame peg please? I can't see it being fair giving them an end peg, so say the pegs are 13 to 32 and 13 is nearest the car park, what do you reckon?

The Runner

Site Supporter
Agree wouldn’t be fair in most cases to give an end peg.
In Winter Leagues we used to do it on the rare occasions it was requested to give the nearest section.

davylad

Site Supporter
I’ve not heard it called a lame peg , but in my experience, it’s usually the nearest or easiest peg to access
Yes that was my understanding, but surely he should be within the pegs allocated for the match. EG if it's 13 to 32, no end peg so maybe 14 or 15.

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Whats the distance between pegs Davy? With end peg13 being nearest the carpark its a bit unfair on the others. I'd put 13 14 and 15 in the hat and let him draw one of those, there can't be much more of a walk from 13 to 15.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
One of my clubs back in the day had the rule that if you had a lame peg for one match you had to have it for all subsequent matches in that year. Some people preferred the lame peg at certain venues!

The Runner

Site Supporter
. Some people preferred the lame peg at certain venues!
Sounds about right. One bloke who fished the same WL as me for a while (think he was a team captain as well) never seemed to have trouble with his (genuine, to be fair) health issues if the better sections were a longer walk.

On a lighter note, old team mate of mine got allowed a lame peg in a Berkshire WL on the Oxford canal at Wolvercote after turning up ( as a passenger, not driver, thankfully) still incapable of standing up after being at a stag do on the Saturday night….He came second in his section as well…

tunna

Our club always give the first 3 pegs nearest the car park, to the elderly or those who cannot walk far due to ailments and illnesses, and they have them every match. Not an issue with our club members and there is only 13 - 14 of us. 👍👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I’ve not heard it called a lame peg , but in my experience, it’s usually the nearest or easiest peg to access
As Gazza says or draw from 3 or 4 pegs and someone volunteers to help push or carry the equipment, depends on how far they can walk and ofcourse how lame they are

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
We would have to consantly remind one of the regulars that erectile dysfunction was not a recognised disability and no he can't have peg 1 or 2.😁

davylad

Site Supporter
The peg he walked to, ( 9 ) was about 120 yards from the car. Peg 13 where the match started from was only about another 50 yards or so. Personally I would have given him 14 15 and 16 to draw from, then no-one could begrudge him his request. I've seen it all in the past, if somewhere was fishing well nearer the car park, their back would be playing up, if it was fishing well around peg 130, the tablets would be working. :D I'm not saying there was any skulduggery in this case, but if done right it eliminates any future problems.

tunna

Our club always give the first 3 pegs nearest the car park, to the elderly or those who cannot walk far due to ailments and illnesses, and they have them every match. Not an issue with our club members and there is only 13 - 14 of us. 👍👍
Forgot to say the 3 " Early draw" pegs are put in a hat and the three of them draw for them, and the rest of us draw for the remainder After we helped them with their tackle to the pegs

davylad

Site Supporter
Forgot to say the 3 " Early draw" pegs are put in a hat and the three of them draw for them, and the rest of us draw for the remainder After we helped them with their tackle to the pegs
Does the end peg get any advantage, or does it get occupied by other anglers?

tunna

Does the end peg get any advantage, or does it get occupied by other anglers?
Not really, depends who draws it,. They are nearly always the first three pegs. Not very often one of the early draws wins match, although they have been know to frame. I suppose it would depend on the anglers ability.