lakeside fishery, Baumber, lincs

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakwell

Going there for a week with the family and wondered if anyone had been not going fully kitted up just a float and a feeder rod with chair after all i am taking the kids on holiday!
I managed to blag it by saying it was camp for us to explore the east coast but i am sure i can get 3 good days in anyhow anyone been?

thanks

Benji

Account Locked
Yes couple of months ago, it is deep and reasonably stocked, I fished a pole when I went as I dont own any rods. The balliff is very helpful about where to fish for what. The only thing that lets it down is the traffic noise. If you require bait, the pet shop in Horncastle has pretty much anything you could want.

oakwell

traffic ...is near to a main road like?
I have booked the log cabin out and suppose to be quiet!

Benji

Account Locked
Its on the main road that runs from Lincoln to the Skegness, the entrance on leaving is one that should be looked at carefully as you are pulling out before a blind brow, and cars and motorbikes really come flying down there. Not trying to put you off, just trying to keep you safe. It is a nice pond. You might also want to have a look at http://www.bainside.co.uk/ this is my usual fishery, nice quiet location, 4 a day, with a good variety of fish.

Benji

Account Locked
Yes they look very nice, in the evening it is a cracking spot. The other good thing is the pond sits nicely out the wind, and the volume of water means its stays warmer when shallower ponds have chilled off. Whens the holiday?

oakwell

going sat 14th july for a week.
However only taking basic tackle due to space so just a chair and a couple of rods in tubes to save on room with ruckssack etc.
Is it the type of place to carp fish of mostly just course?
also gunna prob take a 8m pole is the peg in front of cabin fishable with pole etc?

Benji

Account Locked
Yes that is the shallower end so fishable with a pole. No problem carp fishing there, pleny in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.