Lake in Westerleigh Bristol

Kevoski

Hi I live in the village of westerleigh just outside Bristol, I was wondering if anyone has any info about the lakes behind wot not.
They look great on the map and have seen old posts about the lakes and the fish in it.

Cheers Kev.

Kevoski

Hi I live in the village of westerleigh just outside Bristol, I was wondering if anyone has any info about the lakes behind wot not.
They look great on the map and have seen old posts about the lakes and the fish in it.

Cheers Kev.
Oh thanks for the add by the way..

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
If you are on Facebook. Try contacted Des Shipp . He lives that way , and I’m sure would give you the info you need.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is it these?

Kevoski

I've fished and very much like windmill lake but I have been told the two lakes towards wapley behind wot not are also another place locally to fish. Thanks.

Joe C

Site Supporter
Hi mate, they’re privately owned by Westerleigh angling club. I can’t remember the guys name who runs it but as someone else has already pointed out it’s worth dropping Des a message on fb as I know he has fished matches there in the past and may well know the details of who to contact. I used to be a member a few years back, the main
Lake has a lot of carp, tench and usual silvers, the canal lake is mainly F1 fishing I believe.

Kevoski

Hi mate, they’re privately owned by Westerleigh angling club. I can’t remember the guys name who runs it but as someone else has already pointed out it’s worth dropping Des a message on fb as I know he has fished matches there in the past and may well know the details of who to contact. I used to be a member a few years back, the main
Lake has a lot of carp, tench and usual silvers, the canal lake is mainly F1 fishing I believe.
Cheers nice one I will contact Des, they look a great place to fish and I can walk there even closer than bitterwell and windmill.

Joe C

Site Supporter
Cheers nice one I will contact Des, they look a great place to fish and I can walk there even closer than bitterwell and windmill.
My pleasure mate, if you’re looking for other venues locally also have a look at crosshands angling club, the lake at brimsham park is free as well, has some lovely fish.