Korum x25 accessory chair model question

Plantman

Hi all,

I've just purchased a brand new korum x25 accessory chair and I've noticed that the nuts that tighten the legs are different to the ones shown in the image online, the ones on this model are large three pronged, and the ones in the picture are small rounded. I know they have updated the model and wondered if leve been flogged an old one. Did they replace the leg nuts because they had faults?

If anyone knows that would be great, I'll get this sent back if it's an older model,

Many thanks

Andy

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In their online catalogue it shows round nuts..

and the same for the accessory legs...

Plantman

Thanks for the reply, yeah i bought one off Invicta angling and it has the old ones like in the picture, but they advertise the new model :(
Im not happy as its heavier than the new model too

Old model.PNG screenshot of new model 5.png

Marker50

Site Supporter
My mates just bought one.he used for first time today.
The front legs were slipping down a lot.
His as the bigger turn grips

Plantman

Yeah ive seen a few threads where the older type slips - this is why i don't want the older model, the text on their site says "redisigned" so i presume thats the new grip nuts and been its been made even lighter.

this one I have weights 7kg the website states 6kg so I'm messaging them to pick it up.

i want the one they clearly advertise in the images, not the older version

Plantman

it might be worth your mate returning it if shops are trying to flog the older potentially faulty stuff, I've messaged Korum/Preston too.

Plantman

The bottom one, small round nut with rubber, i have the top big triangular version which is the original x25 from 2016.

I wanted the new redesigned lighter one but they sent that one

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Mine were too! (old nuts)I've found a workaround for that by cutting a 32mm waste pipe(approx) tube to slide over the legs and set a pre determined height for the front, Not ideal, but it does work and stops me getting spilled out

Plantman

That being filmed 3 years ago means the new leg nuts they show on korum site (smaller rounded ones) are the new redesigned ones

Marker50

Site Supporter
Mine is old type and never slips.
I dont ever adjust them.
Only the bottom ones.they also dont slip

Plantman

The video shows the front slipping but I suppose all of them could especially in rain etc, either way I wanted the redesigned one as its lighter too. I'll see what invicta do as they have sent me an old one.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
on the type that slip is it the front ?
Yes in mine it is. The chair is the basic one (not the one that has head/neck support that you can doze in while waiting for a bite). I couldn't find a way to stop it slipping until I came up with the waste pipe thing. Now that solution is no good for the average user, but I need the chair to be at a fixed certain height else I struggle to get out of it. The back seems ok

Plantman

This is my main question, Korum redesigned it but didnt change the sku so there is still old stock around, yet people are advertising the new improved model. Its not clear if they redesigned because of the many complaints about the design, either way i want the new one, maybe you should contact Korum? they may offer a replacement?

Reuben

Site Supporter
Might be a dumb question but have you tried wrapping a piece of Gorilla tape or masking tape around the bit of the leg where the nut screws in? Had the same problem with a JRC chair & that sorted it. Use the Korum with square legs now & don’t have a problem but it doesn’t have a high back.

Smurfitt

This is my main question, Korum redesigned it but didnt change the sku so there is still old stock around, yet people are advertising the new improved model. Its not clear if they redesigned because of the many complaints about the design, either way i want the new one, maybe you should contact Korum? they may offer a replacement?
Did you ever get a reply from Korum/Preston and did invicta exchange for the redesigned model?