Korum Roving Kit / Ruckbag

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm thinking about buying a Korum Roving Kit.

Before I do, does anyone recommend and is the chair lightweight and easily attachable to the bag?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Trying to picture which one that is? I have a korum rucksack and my grandad a ruckbag and the latter is much easier to use access wise so I assume that's the one you mean. In terms of the chair I believe he does have the one that's supposed to go with it but it's a bit cumbersome with it attached so he usually just uses a different chair that he just carries or fits trolley wheels to it.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The Korum Aeronium chair weighs in at 2.5kg, clips onto the Ruck bag and is lighter than a light thing on light pills.... However... at £70 it aint cheap

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks very much!

Yeah it's more expensive than the Korum rod I just bought, looks like a good bit of kit to have though.

@Silverfisher this is the one. It's £99 with a rod bag as well.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah yes that's the bag, probably an old model but similar. The best thing about it is the way it opens so you can lay it flat so that don't have to get your boxes physically out of it to access them like you have to with the rucksack, so generally a lot tidier to use.

Dusty

I’ve got one and the normal korum chair which is a bit heavier.
Very comfortable to use providing you don’t put too much in the bag.
I’ve got the tabletop variant so it acts as a side tray at the side of my chair.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sounds good! I've just ordered a 26 inch folding spoon as well as the roving kit so I'm going to be all Korum'd out soon. By the time of the next season I should have a fair amount of kit together but hopefully I can get out before then in Feb and March.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This arrived today along with the landing net. It's boss by the looks of it. :) Still trying to figure out how the chair is supposed to hook onto the bag but sure I'll figure it out.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think you’ll enjoy it it’s good stuff from what I’ve used of it.

Roving a bit of a misnomer though it’s what I‘d call normal kit. It’s not often you need more kit than that for any fishing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
True! I'm going feeder fishing at Bells Mill tomorrow and though I'll be taking my box and pole stuff as usual it's very tempting to just take this! I think the first time I'll get chance to use it will be when I go to the Isle of Wight in a few weeks (staying at a fishery this time) or on the weirpool.

Arry

Site Supporter
This arrived today along with the landing net. It's boss by the looks of it. :) Still trying to figure out how the chair is supposed to hook onto the bag but sure I'll figure it out.
Lay the ruckbag flat on the floor with the straps unhooked.... lay the chair with the back of the chair upwards and attach the hooks of the bag onto the metal arms of the chair... ( you'll see where the line up) than pull the straps down to the bottom of the bag and attach the straps via the clips onto the loops on the bottom of the bag...
Hope this helps.... tip... if yer a big lad a couple of extra carabiner clips lengthens the scope of the rucksack straps (especially if you load the rucksack up a bit)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Cheers @Arry not sure if we have the exact same model but I've got it sorted now. Had it out around the house and it's very comfy. Chair is very low slung so it's perfect for lounging on. I'm already picturing myself lounging on it on summer evenings next to the river. Thanks for the help.

Arry

Site Supporter
My chair is the Aeronium... only 2.5 kg ( the bungee round the chair is holding in a small table and folding landing net

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How I've done mine.

2020-01-09 16.42.23.jpg 2020-01-09 16.42.29.jpg 2020-01-09 16.42.48.jpg

Doesn't seem quite right but it's carryable.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Edit- Got it better now but can't be bothered to take pics. The straps go on the SIDE of the bag.

SteveinSwindon

Aeronium chair is a great bit of kit. For the last few years I have been carrying the Korum Accessory chair on my ruck bag, which was a killer on certain long walks. The aeronium, whilst losing a bit of flexibility in terms of leg adjustment, made walking so much easier. Comfy too and waterproof. Like has been said, not cheap, but worth it.

Arry

Site Supporter
You need to place the hooks onto the chair where the cloth cover is cut awau for the front legs it sits better