korum quick stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
for hair rigging, I always just use pellet band to get through the bait to secure it, but it's only good for pellet boilie and corn. For meat it flys off sometimes.

Is korum quick stop any good for catmeat / lunchon meat?

Paste Master

Platinum Member
They are brilliant Kevin always use them for my hair-rigging.
Never used them on catmeat so cant comment but for lunchon meat they are great.
I guess they will work for catmeat the same the cone shape just stops the cheese wire effect you sometimes get with soft baits if hair rigged in the traditional way.
Its also a dam sight quicker to rebait after a fish.

PM [:D][:D]

Paste Master

Platinum Member
Glad to be of service [:D]
You probably already know this but just in case dont forget to get the korum bayonet stick thingy that fits inside the cone to push them through your bait.

PM [:D]

weg

Great bit of kit!!! perfect for cat meat and anything that will fit on them you get two spikes things keep one safe because you will always loose one when in a match when hair rigging !!!

Don

I have to say that I couldnt get on with them paste master but then again I am used to the traditional hair rigs. I still have quite a few so I may well try them again. I find a proper hair rig with an enterprise meat rig is by far the best way to keep meat on, apart from frying the meat off a bit before use.

Middy did some ready made rigs with a meat "screw" attached and although I was a bit doubtful I purchased some for when I pole fish and have to admit they are the dogs dangly bits!

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
Originally posted by Paste Master

Glad to be of service [:D]
You probably already know this but just in case dont forget to get the korum bayonet stick thingy that fits inside the cone to push them through your bait.

PM [:D]

yes I've also bought the quick stop needle, and bought the bait needle as well, 1 quid for 2 cheap and nice!

tag

Kevin Chiu
If you've got any float paint slap a bit on your quikstop needles which if they're like mine come with black handles(so you lose them then need to buy more, according to my local tackle dealer)
That said, quikstops are great especially if like me, your eyes and fingers aren't what they used to be!

Last edited:

Don

Thought I'd explain myself a bit about not getting on with them. The reason I tried quickstops was for when fishing braided hooklinks,after a while the boilie needle tends to snag on the braid and make it unfishable so I thought the korum stops would be a great idea to try,unfortunately I couldnt get on with them and would end up destroying three baits for everyone I managed to attach,probably because I am a bit cack handed sometimes.
I may well give them another go as it is obvious some ofg you guys get along fine with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.