Korum or Preston Innovations ?

Ray5ew

Hi all, I am looking at getting a couple of new feeder / waggler reels and was wondering why the Korum reels are a lot cheaper than the Preston Innovations reels when they are made by the same company. Can anyone please enlighten me on this ? Cheers.

fishcatcher4

Hi all, I am looking at getting a couple of new feeder / waggler reels and was wondering why the Korum reels are a lot cheaper than the Preston Innovations reels when they are made by the same company. Can anyone please enlighten me on this ? Cheers.

Just because the same company that makes them does not mean they are the same specification on bearings etc.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Cheer mate, that suggests the Preston brand must use better quality parts then.

No just that buyers will pay more for certain brand names. Do you really think Superdry is better quality than other brands?

A friend told me of a TV programme that she watched that involved a visit to a far eastern factory making jeans for the British market. The reporter was shown a production line producing jeans where at the end process the jeans were sent to two different areas of the factory. One area applied the Tesco label, the other a designer label. Apart from the labels the jeans were exactly the same.

Retail price has no reliance on manufacturing costs. Just basic economics of what the market will bear. In other words you charge what you can get away with.

Apple are known to price their products with the same number here and in the US, just the £ or $ symbol in front is different.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
yup... just the label... example...
Korda tackle bank, £25
NGT tackle bank £12.99
almost identical & probably made by the same company