Korum Glide 12-14ft Power Float Rod

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
I have not used it for that type of thing but I will be using it for barbell in summer on the float and will be putting 8lb line minimum on the reel, this is copied form website so might help mate witrh regards what lines there made for and the guides

The guides are sized to enable anglers to use Glide rods with fixed spool reels or centrepins, with a larger diameter guide-set that allows you to use stronger reel line. Finished with a quality full cork handle and stunning cosmetics, these rods are equally at home on rivers and stillwaters.
  • Perfect for stick float and waggler fishing
  • Lightweight parabolic carbon blanks
  • Full cork handle
  • Line rating – 4lb-12lb
Available in: 13ft & 12-14ft

Preshiaturelp

Thanks HD.
Yes indeed. It was the manufacturer's description online that attracted me to this rod.
Sad to say tho' that two rods I had delivered recently had (respected, well-known) manufacturer's 'Specifications' of '3-10lbs' and '3-13lbs' - but when they arrived were marked '3-8lbs' and '3-10lbs' respectively. The retailer offered a refund but refused to pay return shipment; he said the manufacturer had told him that the 3-8lb rod would handle 10lb line and that the 'Specifications' were only 'guidelines'. So now I'm being more careful to seek out user confirmation of manufacturer's descriptions before buying.
I can't find this rod in stock in a store near me; in these days of online buying, it is ever more crucial that online descriptions (and especially 'Specifications' are accurate and truthful.
Your help really appreciated - thanks.

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
no problem at all matey, i dont know if you go the shows but korum are at the big one this weekend, with this rod being new to the brand id be amazed if they didnt have it out on show if you are close by might be worth a look to get a hands on look at it.

Preshiaturelp

That's really helpful.
I've spent a lot of time at Stoneleigh but never at a fishing show.
Thanks HD.
(I maybe ought to add that it was NOT Korum/Preston Innovations who I was misled by earlier.)

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Sam. Had a look at the Browning match, oh I hate that handle with a passion. I expect it's like Marmite, but a rod has to look nice for me, as well as having all the other too. However I'd guess it's comfy. Rich.
Yeah I find the browning handles horrible as well, look like the handle of some sort of dropshot rod crossed with a distance feeder rod. Call me old fashioned but I like handles to be cylindrical and uniform haha
Gotta say I just love the handles on my two Sphere feeder rods, which feel really good when casting both for distance and accuracy. However, I don't see the necessity for anything similar on float rods, so I'm happily sticking with my 13ft Acolyte Ultra for general stick float/waggler work, and my Daiwa TD commercial for the F1s & carp. Should the time come for me to do some specimen float hunting then £70 for a glide float rod has got to be worth a look!

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
There is a review of Korum Glide rod in this months Improve Your Coarse Fishing seems a decent write up for a rod in its price range,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It'll be interesting to see if korum put out a non power version. There's a gap in the market for a sub £100 proper float rod so if they could make a "normal" version of the glide to the same apparent quality in the say £70-90 range I think it would do well.

ben carvosso

Hi Danny hope you are keeping well
Will defo have a waggle of the glide when I pop down to Dublin after this virus malarkey.
On a slightly different note, have you had a chance to use the xcalibres yet... they sound very tempting for tench and bream

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
not going too bad matey hope you are well yourself mate

i have not mate but i know a lot of the lads on the team who have used it and say its very good. going to using these rods so will let you know opinion when used them next season for my barbel fishing.

Ubique

Hi all,

There isnt much information out there on this rod review wise so i thought i would post in here sessions i have used it on. Being sponsored by korum i am not going to write a review as its a lose lose situation rather let the sessions i used it on speak for themselves and give anyone interested in buying this rod some live footage of it in action in two very different scenarios

I bought the Glide to use as a slider float rod only as it has larger than average rings and the power to put out a large slider float, I am really impressed by its action though, my other float rods are all Acolytes and having snapped my 15ft casting a very large slider float I thought I would try the Glide, as said suitably impressed. Our rivers in the east do not flow fast enough for stick float fishing so will just have to use for sliders only, but, it works for me

ben carvosso

Does the power float come in 2 piece.
Was toying with idea of getting a power float rod as a shrimp rod for salmon

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
the 12-14ft is a three piece two for fishing 12ft then a 2 ft piece if want 14. i dont know about the 13ft i presume is a 2 piece rod mate

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The 13ft is a 3 piece rod. Line rating is 4lb to 12lb and a decent rod for the price (around £70(ish), if you want a rod with some power behind it.