Korum 11ft 1.75lb Barbel Rod

Zerkalo

I just got one in the post and as it's my first barbel rod I don't have much to compare it to. Anyone else have them?

First impressions from a waggle in the garden are it's lightweight and pokey. I certainly won't be using it for small stream Chub, Not that I'd bought it for that but it packs a punch. Pleased with the value for money but going to have to put it to test on the Severn before I reach any conclusions.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Zerkalo

I have 2 of the 12' version and can't fault them. And no, not for small stream use, they are capable of chucking 5oz and have a line rating of up to 15lb and when you get a bite, you'll know about it. Spot on rods. :upthumb:

Zerkalo

Glad you rate them as like say, got nothing to compare them to. Thinking from the power of the rod it might feel more balanced to me at 12ft and I should have gone with that. Was looking at Greys rods online and thinking of going for them but the Korum will be good to try for now.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Glad you rate them as like say, got nothing to compare them to. Thinking from the power of the rod it might feel more balanced to me at 12ft and I should have gone with that. Was looking at Greys rods online and thinking of going for them but the Korum will be good to try for now.

I have 2 Grey's Barbel rods too, again, a cracking rod. Before shelling out for Grey's though, get used to the Korum first and learn what it can (and can't) do. The Grey's are a step up so that will give you an idea of what they're capable of.