Korda Slow Sinking Corn

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone use it and if so what size hook do you have to use to sink it? I'd imagine a big one as it fully pops up with a size 14 QM1.

scuttster

Can’t say I’ve seen or used them myself. Tend not to peruse the carp side of the tackle shop. But just had a look at them online. I see they also do a pop up version. As for the hook size I guess it is designed to be used with a fairly hefty hook as from what I can see from a quick look through the Korda hook range on AD is the smallest hook they do is a 12 and a lot of the range, like their Basix, come in 2-8.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I saw they do a pop up version so thought these might be usable on a Crucian scale rig but they're obviously for the Carp market. There are ways around it I guess by weighing them down but I haven't had much luck with the artificial baits I've bought, as I also found out to do a mag aligner rig properly it also works best with a big Carp hook.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
From memory quite a large hook I’m sure I used them with size 8 or 6 nash fang twister hooks.

My mate used to put a tiny shot behind it when it was on the hair rig when he fished with finer hooks but it didn’t sit right as it lost it’s semi neutral buoyancy