Korda goo

Itsdrew93

Haven't ever used goo before and was wondering when to goo up my baits and how long can i keep the goo'd up baits for can i use it for just that session or can i keep the goo'd up baits for next time i only use boilies and pop up and im using the supreme bait smoke say i goo up 20 30 boilies or pop ups and only use say 10 or 15 of them can i keep whats left for next time i go fishing or do i throw them away and just goo up some more

Thank you

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
On the korda videos they recommend soaking hook baits in goo for weeks before using them. They say to add a bit to cover them and add more when its soaked in

Itsdrew93

On the korda videos they recommend soaking hook baits in goo for weeks before using them. They say to add a bit to cover them and add more when its soaked in
Yh iknow how to do it thank you mate i want to know how long do they last and can i use them for one session or can i keep them for next time because dont want to goo up a pot of pop ups and say only use 5 of them then have to throw the rest away

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I think the words " soak them for weeks " gives you the answer.

Sorry to butt in but it's Sharon, Pete's other half. Not necessarily, Pete used some at a fishery with @sly. They had been soaking only 2 weeks and he caught a couple of very nice carp.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Yh iknow how to do it thank you mate i want to know how long do they last and can i use them for one session or can i keep them for next time because dont want to goo up a pot of pop ups and say only use 5 of them then have to throw the rest away

Hi there, it's Pete's other half , Sharon. The goo will last for months. Pete still has some that were soaked 4 or 5 months ago and he's still catching on them.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Correct and well done. When soaking boilies first contact coats the outside and will leak off quite quickly but continuous soaking over weeks or even months or years will only allow the flavour to penetrate deeper. I have some special baits that l soak for 6 months before I use them, and l soak enough to last the other 6 months. So yes keep soaking, you can add a few after using a few for a constant supply.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Sorry to butt in but it's Sharon, Pete's other half. Not necessarily, Pete used some at a fishery with @sly. They had been soaking only 2 weeks and he caught a couple of very nice carp.
is that when i caught nowt and Pete never let me forget it? :unsure: :upthumb::upthumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
is that when i caught nowt and Pete never let me forget it? :unsure: :upthumb::upthumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It probably is, you know how he is and his sense of humour. All the best to you and yours Steve and hope the new year is good for you.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
It probably is, you know how he is and his sense of humour. All the best to you and yours Steve and hope the new year is good for you.
likewise to you and yours,hope its a good one :) :)

Itsdrew93

Hi there, it's Pete's other half , Sharon. The goo will last for months. Pete still has some that were soaked 4 or 5 months ago and he's still catching on them.
Thank you very much sharon thats exactly what i was looking for tell pete i said hes a f**cking legend excuse my language lol spot on thanks again

Itsdrew93

Correct and well done. When soaking boilies first contact coats the outside and will leak off quite quickly but continuous soaking over weeks or even months or years will only allow the flavour to penetrate deeper. I have some special baits that l soak for 6 months before I use them, and l soak enough to last the other 6 months. So yes keep soaking, you can add a few after using a few for a constant supply.
Thats more like it thank you

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Nah mate i dont and how do you know im a southerner lol by the way i talk ?

Nope, it's the way your keyboard 'clicks' when you're typing. :LOL:

I see 'wifey' has been posting. Hope she's not been upsetting anyone.

Last edited:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Thank you very much sharon thats exactly what i was looking for tell pete i said hes a f**cking legend excuse my language lol spot on thanks again

A legend?...or is that a leg-end? :giggle:

Some goo's will change the colour of the boilies, just be aware of that. If you're using a bright orange for example, and use the vanilla goo, your boilies will go a very pale orange. Using the Bumbleberry will turn them almost purple. You can also mix 2 or 3 goo's together to mix and match the flavours of the boilies you're using. Goo'd baits will last for months but put them in an air-tight tub, I use those from a Pound-shop that have those click and clip type lids.

Hope this helps you. :upthumb:

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
If the boilies are to be soaked in Goo for a long time to let the flavour penetrate (and change colour) then does that not mean it's a bit pointless spending more than is needed on the boilie?
It's original flavour and if colour changed is irrelevant if you start altering it. (Which kind of defeats the point of why it was originally made that way)