korda adrena-line or daiwa sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markharding

opions please folks.

adrenaline is 18lb and 18 quid.
daiwa is 20lb and about 8 quid.

but which would people think is better as in sinking ability ease of casting etc etc.

cheers

pitindall

i use adrena line on my carp reels and you won't get a better casting line imo but it can be a bit of a pain to sink it....its a realy soft and limp line.

markharding

see now they made out i'm sure on the dvd that it was super quick sinking, i could be wrong thou as i was half asleep when i watched it lol.

as a line goes thou you would rate the korda one for the cash

vassago

If you want line that sinks well use flurocarbon but you will suffer on the cast with it ( might just be my casting )
Never used the korum line but sensor is good and cheaper.

markharding

casting aint a major issue tbh as i dont really do massive pools etc more local ponds and the like if that makes sense not talking yards and yards kinda thing poss about 60 yards tops.

i do like the look of the daiwa as like you said its alot cheaper but if it's pants line or floats more than a dingy filled with helium then aint rally worth it

adzinderbyshire

daiwa sensor is spot on, i've got 15+18lb on my carp reels and i've snapped korda supernatural 18lb hooklinks before the 15lb sensor mainline when snagged. I don't find it buoyant either.

petert

If you run your line throu some mud it helps your line to sink this is what I have learnt from Andy May on one of his videos.

pitindall

the adrena line did get better with use though but when new it seemed very waxy.maybe it was that that made it hard to sink?
the best sinking line i've ever found was called relix horizon(an impulse buy from flea bay!)only cheap but seemed a decent line.

carpcruncher23

Adrenaline is pants at sinking and is also very stretchy. I did spool up with it on my spare spools for distance fishing, and although superb for fishing at distance when using a leader, its other properties are, well, rubbish.
If you want a good alround line that doesnt break the bank then look no further than Pro Clear. In 16lb it is superb at casting, sinks well, limited stretch and very strong. I use this now for my distance fishing and pure flourocarbon for smaller waters.

ukrottie

Nobby
Originally posted by petert

If you run your line throu some mud it helps your line to sink this is what I have learnt from Andy May on one of his videos.
the stuff you need is fullers earth to treat your line i think you get it from the chemist

Frontdrag

Turdbrain
I had problems on three seperate spools of korda line i would pick sensor every time over adrenaline

Status
Not open for further replies.