Kopi Luwak Coffee

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I've been gifted a pouch of Wild Kopi Luwak coffee. This is the stuff that has been eaten, and passed through the digestive system of the Palm Civet, which is a cat-like creature.
I will certainly try it. I am not at all bothered by its provenance. But would you drink coffee made from beans taken out of cat poop? :poop:

Nicky Dodds

Isn't there a similar type taken from wolf droppings as well which if I remember correctly is the most expensive in the world?

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Isn't there a similar type taken from wolf droppings as well which if I remember correctly is the most expensive in the world?

Not as far as I know. I think this is the stuff you're thinking of. Google says it's the most expensive.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I've tried it before don’t let the production process put you off it’s lovely

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Not as far as I know. I think this is the stuff you're thinking of. Google says it's the most expensive.
....after further checks apparently Kopi Luwak is also know as "Wolf Coffee" or "Cat Coffee". ( But no wolves are involved )

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd like to know who the first person was who saw some coffee beans in cat poop and decided to taste them ?

Chervil

Site Supporter
I've been gifted a pouch of Wild Kopi Luwak coffee. This is the stuff that has been eaten, and passed through the digestive system of the Palm Civet, which is a cat-like creature.
I will certainly try it. I am not at all bothered by its provenance. But would you drink coffee made from beans taken out of cat poop? :poop:
If you're into that sort of thing, I've got some sweetcorn, I can let you have:coffee: