Koala products.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Some of you may have seen my recent post about Dol Y Gaer res. Lovely place but you are faced with a trolleyless walk with all your gear as the photo shows. If you zoom in you will see peg 1 sat on his box IMG_20200802_102221.jpg
Its a heck of a walk which involves the aptly named Cardiac arrest hill.
Bearing all this in mind and although l love my old Space station its just far too heavy, l gotta lighten the load man😕
So, a trawl around the intertrickery net revealed some nice but very expensive canal type stools but not a lot of storage. A bit more digging and an add by wots his name ginger match angler and this popped up. Comes in at 6kg, 1 shallow, 1 deep drawer, shallow tray, footplate, strap £150. Match Station!!! never heard of them(Re-branded Koala products) but for that price i'll give it a go. Paid for it and it arrived today. First impressions, its not bad for the money, mud feet maybe a tad flimsy but all welds look decent enough. Plenty of drawer storage IMG_20200805_111654.jpg IMG_20200805_111710.jpg
Cassette style Footplate is solid. There are a couple of attachment point each side l take it for side trays. Easy enough to level and the cushion is firm. With all the stuff in it and a couple of attachments its still very light and with everthing folded flat easy to carry. The test will be on the bank though but all in all quite happy with my cheapy box. IMG_20200805_111534.jpg IMG_20200805_112041.jpg IMG_20200805_112119.jpg IMG_20200805_112137.jpg IMG_20200805_111756.jpg IMG_20200805_112102.jpg

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Looks really good for the money. I think they sell a lot of them and no-one seems to complain about them. 6kg is very good. Should be just what you need. I noticed you’ve got 20kg of feeders in it though :ROFLMAO:

I’ve got a Koala side tray and it’s big and solid. It doesn’t have a leg but it’s solid without one.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Looks really good for the money. I think they sell a lot of them and no-one seems to complain about them. 6kg is very good. Should be just what you need. I noticed you’ve got 20kg of feeders in it though :ROFLMAO:

I’ve got a Koala side tray and it’s big and solid. It doesn’t have a leg but it’s solid without one.
Yeah got a few feeders, force of habit from fishing Port Talbot, snag pit🤬
I used to carry a seperate bag with all my bits in for the feeder fishing so now its all together, much happier. 👍

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Is that 6kg including the footplate? If so, that's brilliant
I think thats just the box but the footplate is light aswell. The main thing is though, when its folded down the cushion is against my back when carrying it, a lot less bulky an a lot more comfy. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
It does a job Mick.....Looks the business and ain't cost you a body part....(y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
It’s amazing what you can buy these days for not much money. For someone without a lot of cash you can get set up with a fair bit of usable tackle for three or four hundred quid. I’m sure relative to inflation things cost less now than they ever did and entry level stuff is so much better than it was years ago.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
It’s amazing what you can buy these days for not much money. For someone without a lot of cash you can get set up with a fair bit of usable tackle for three or four hundred quid. I’m sure relative to inflation things cost less now than they ever did and entry level stuff is so much better than it was years ago.
I rarely make big purchases fishing tackle wise. I'm not one to get through a lot of tackle. I tend to buy something and if l like it l will hold onto it. My old Space station got retired a while back and l bought a Matrix s36 but didn't get on with it, back out of retirement for the space station. Recently replaced my 10 year old map pole with another map so l can use the old one for spares. I reckon this year l've spent about £800-£1000 on enough tackle to fully kit a beginner out for pole, waggler, and tip fishing.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Looks a great box @Godber
Well you may wear. I've seen these boxes on eBay but good to see your close up pics.
Here is some info about Koala:

UK based company offering high quality fishing tackle.
Established in 2005, KOALA PRODUCTS rapidly grew to become one of the best known suppliers of specific fishing tackle in the country today.
Based in the heart of Cheshire, we are centrally located giving easy access to motorway links to supply our brand trusted fishing tackle products effortlessly throughout the UK.
KOALA Products have established a reputation for providing quality fishing tackle and accessories, excellent customer service and sound technical support and advise.
With a modern warehouse and a stock list of over 300 products, we are able to supply an excellent service to all our customers.
The company has built its reputation on customer service and sound technical support which we are always striving to improve on in all aspects of these services as well as providing a greater range of high quality brand trusted fishing tackle and accessories as and when they are available.
Our staff are fully trained and are able to answer any questions that may arise or assist with any orders

Flathead

Site Supporter
Just had a look on their website....I have never really taken any notice of them before.

They have quite a range of tackle and are the only company I have ever seen publish the weights of their seatboxes online.......There may be others who do but I don’t recall seeing any.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Just had a look on their website....I have never really taken any notice of them before.

They have quite a range of tackle and are the only company I have ever seen publish the weights of their seatboxes online.......There may be others who do but I don’t recall seeing any.
The weight factor was the main reason l bought it. As you said, not many box manufacturers do.