Knypersley reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
hi guys, just been for a walk round this place, its only abput 20 miles from where l live but have never visited it before even though its on a couple of my club cards.
anyhow with it being such a big water where to start, l intend to fish it in the next week or so and will be targeting the bream on the feeder or maybe method. so where would the best areas to fish be as l aint got a clue. there were some guys fishing today but the ones l stopped and spoke to were all apparently struggling for bites. it certainly looks a nice venue so any advice will be greatly appreciated either on here or pm.
thanks in advance [:T]

pham

Knypes a cracking water mate!

Been round today myself as the serp next door is my campaign water this year! Loads of bream in there! Hard to say where to start on knype as not alot has been coming off! I always did well with my old man! We used to prebait the day before with ground bait and fish it the next day! Traditional methods worked well although I've never tried the method! The boulder swim was always a firm favourite (the bridge is to your right as you sit on it). And the beach up by the dam between serp and the res (particularly if it warms up ans its shallower up here)!

When its on form, 100Ib plus bags are regulary caught! Have a look here mate: http://www.vbas.4t.com/KNP1.htm

Last edited:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
thanks for that pham, were you there with another guy, as l was walking past serpentine two blokes were walking off from there.
it certainly looks a fantastic place to fish. checked last night and one of the associate clubs that l am a member of has got a match on there on 1st of August so l shall go along and fish it then with the guys but l aint no match person lol. shall try and get there in the next week or so even if its just for an evening session.

pham

Originally posted by nutmeg

thanks for that pham, were you there with another guy, as l was walking past serpentine two blokes were walking off from there.
it certainly looks a fantastic place to fish. checked last night and one of the associate clubs that l am a member of has got a match on there on 1st of August so l shall go along and fish it then with the guys but l aint no match person lol. shall try and get there in the next week or so even if its just for an evening session.

I was with another bloke yeah. My mrs might have been with us too, but she doesn't like fishing talk and tends to walk round knype while I'm prebaiting! Knype is definetly worth a few sessions though mate as when you catch it on a good day you can do close to 200Ib! The bream fishing on the serp is awesome as well mate! Probably my all time favourite bream venue! But the carp have got my attention at the moment! Can't wait for june 16th![;)]

nutmeg

Site Supporter
would you say that the fishing on the Serpe lake was any easier than on Kyne as both lakes looked rather tasty. is there a nearer carp park to Serpe than the one at the Dam end ie. the controlling club for Serpe looks decent value for money.

pham

No the nearest car park is the main knypersley one! Thats the best thing about the place though mate. The walk is a killer and keeps people away leaving the place to those that are willing! Long may it continue! If there was a closer car park the place would be rammed! Like it says on the VBAS website the Serp is their premier specimen water. Give it 3-4 yrs and the place will be one of the best specimen carp venues in the midlands/northwest![;)]

I've had my best ever days bream fishing on the Serp. Not sure whether its easier? But its always been kinder to me! If you consider that the serp (17 acres) is less than half the size of knype (35 acres) then I'd say it probably is easier. I've also had the bigger bream out of the serp. I do belive that it produced a 12Ib specimen last season. VBAS is excellent value for money just for the Serp mate! The old peg 16 (now 17, the double peg as you walk down the bank after coming up the path from the car park) was always my favourite peg for the bream!

nutmeg

Site Supporter
cheers for that pham, one last question are you allowed to use braid at Knyp / Serpe or is it just good old mono :)
think l could well be getting the VBAS ticket it certainly looks worth it.

pham

Originally posted by nutmeg

cheers for that pham, one last question are you allowed to use braid at Knyp / Serpe or is it just good old mono :)
think l could well be getting the VBAS ticket it certainly looks worth it.

Yes you can use braid. You can also fish barbed hooks as the club only advises barbless hooks, which is a very good 'rule' in my book!

Hope to see you up there sometime mate!

pham

Oh and just in case you didn't know, the Serp is closed til the 16th June![:T]

nutmeg

Site Supporter
cheers again pham, and yes l noticed on the VBAS board that it was closed till the 16th June.
this warm weather may just get the bream kick started :)

pham

Hopefully mate. Been round again today dropping some bait in on the Serp and quite fancy a session on knype for the bream myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.