Knotford Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Sunday 11 Aug 2002
Knotford Lagoon Pool in Wharfdale

I went for a days carping At the Bradford No1 owned fishery.
This was after several dismal sessions Carping at this Venue, I thought I would give this place another bash, as its only a couple of miles from home.
6:30 I arrived at the lake which is 6-8 acres and fully mature with Trees and bushes all around making this a very picturesque lake indeed.
There were quite a few Carpers on the lake already, I went to the same swim as I had previously been to without much luck I must add. I tackled up and threw out the marker float as there has been a weed kill exercise carried out a few months previously. This I believe is why the previous visits have been fruitless, the carp have not known where to spawn with the weed gone and some have said this has made the carp spawn twice this year, well I found where I wanted to be on a hard gravely spot about 50 yards out, I baited this area quite heavily with PVA Bags of pellets and Whiskey boilies, one rod had a whiskey pop up, the other a Whiskey bottom bait.
I sat down with the Sunday Mail (plenty of supplements to read), all I could hear was other peoples alarms sounding but not mine as usual.
Part way through the YOU supplement and I had my first Run
Mirror 3lb 6oz on the pop up recast and in no time the second run came
Common 13lb 9oz then after that the pop up rod became redundant. On the other rod came Carp after Carp, with a 24lb 11oz personal best, 14 carp in total, and 9 over 12lb Datafile.jpg

Another Guy came into the next peg to me and after a short period he too was amongst the Carp.
2:30 came and I had to pack up as the wife was going running, so I had to be back for baby sitting duties.

Stu

animal

have you tried the leeds water at delegates meating last month details given of major re stocking

animal

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Congratulations on your PB Stu, sounds 1 fantastic day for you!

Nice Reprt and look forward to seeing you again in Wales.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
quote:

Nice Reprt and look forward to seeing you again in Wales.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Have you seen him in Wales before then Trev ?

Nice days fishing Stu and a nice report to

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.