Knot Picker

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Can anyone recommend a knot picker I am thinking with Winter upon us, it would come in handy for removing hook links with cold, wet fingers,

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I have the Preston one as it's also a disgorger.
Thick enough to hold with cold hands and it's plastic so not cold.

Nicky Dodds

I prefer the middy one as the point is sharper and a long taper and as well as being a knot picker/disgorger it is ideal for spiking hemp without splitting the grain.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I prefer the middy one as the point is sharper and a long taper and as well as being a knot picker/disgorger it is ideal for spiking hemp without splitting the grain.
What he said... got two of em, one in my general fishing kit one with my carp gear, brill bits of kit

PAB

Site Supporter
Middy very sharp tapped point ideal for the job.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Bought two of the Middy ones and used one for the first time on Sunday and was very pleased with it, makes changing hook-links so much easier. Thank you all for the suggestions, I bear in mind about using it for hooking hemp, have tried it before just putting a hook into hemp, with the inevitable splitting occurring.

Chitterlings & Hodge

Totally agree with Tinca Steve another thumbs up for the Preston Knot Picker, it also has a secure screw top cover on the picker.(y)

I bought the Browning knot Picker but unfortunately would NOT recommend them. The picker cover is only a push fit and not very secure, also the disgorger end is a wire type and fell out just after removing it from the packet. Very disappointing.

Ian

adrian john tas

Site Supporter
Middy one is great nice sharpe point but can bend
Have even used point cover as a make shift bread punch when i left punches at home