KND 2 core hollow pole elastic

Dusty

Site Supporter
I took delivery of 7 packets of this stuff to put through my pole top kits after reading some very good reviews online about it.

I tried many different elastics last year with mixed results including Slik elastic which I couldn’t get on with. My favourite elastic to use last year was Maver Dual Core 14-17 which was a godsend for fishing the short pole and margins for big carp.

I ordered the following from KND

1 x teal 4-7
2 x Orange 6-10
2 x Black 11-14
2 x Red 14-17

The first positive I would say before it even went in a top kit is the price and the delivery time. I managed to do 7 top kits for around £40 which is brilliant really when you consider you can pay £15 for a length of Hydro.

First thoughts upon getting the elastic out, I’m not sure if it’s just me but it felt thicker than other elastics or equivalent size. I’ve used the Middy 6-10 hollow and I’m sure the equivalent KND is thicker. If I’m wrong about this then I apologise but it wasn’t an issue anyway and none of my top kits needed to be cut back.

I fished for a day using the KND 6-10 and the 11-14 and caught many fish using them. I purchased the 11-14 for fishing shallow for carp and was very impressed with how forgiving it was even when hooking Ide shallow. Plenty of power in reserve as well. I feel the 10-13 would probably have been a better choice for fishing shallow bit the 11-14 performed admirably.

Going on to the 6-10 I used this for fishing on the deck with small cubes of meat, I wasn’t sure what would come to the net next and found this elastic fantastically versatile. I landed everything from small tench, Ide around 1lb and carp to 4lb and felt the elastic performed brilliantly. I certainly think this elastic will be my go to for mixed fisheries where you might catch small carp, barbel, Ide etc and don’t know what will come next.

Obviously I can’t comment on its longevity but first impressions are brilliant. Will certainly order again.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
i use the 10-13 for skimmers/bream and carp, have had double figure fish on the white stuff and the black is slightly more powerful, orange 6-10 i find can be too soft at times unless they have altered it as i found when iused it for carp to a few pound i had no control over the fish, the red 14-17 is my margin elastic

davepellet

used this stuff a lot, started with it when I realised that elastics tend to be very similar brand vs brand if you compare them by diameter, so what's the point in spending over a tenner for something that I can get at half the price that does exactly the same job

the 11-14 is my number one choice for the majority of open water fishing I do (mostly tench & crucians), and it handles this with ease, it also handles smaller fish that might come along (including the 3-4" rudd that I was getting pestered by last year & the year before) as well as carp into double figures

I've tried most in the range, and like the 6-10, and the 9-12, but to be honest I ended up with that much overlap of elastic grades it was ridiculous, especially when you consider how versatile hollows are when used with a puller, so I've now pared it right down to just a bare minimum...

these days I only use the pole in spring & summer when I'm fishing stillwaters, later on in the year I'll swap over to feeders on my favourite local reservoir & trotting rivers, so for me simplicity is key

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
it is great elastic and I've found mine to last well. I have the green, red and orange. I agree it does look/feel a tad thicker but it has never caused a concern or stuck in the pole. The Red 14-17 runs through my margin pole and I use it with no problem for fish into mid doubles.

Your right the price is great, its just a tad annoying that it only comes in 3m lengths, I end up throwing a bit away or storing for more catapult elastic when elasticating a pulla kit. This was much more of a problem using Hydro, I also thought I was throwing away a fiver !

Contrary to you I love slik (Nick Gilberts version) and he does sell in 0.5m lengths so elasticating topkits is very economical.

KND and NG ae the only 2 commercial elastics I buy these days, I don't see any point spending more.....

Dusty

Site Supporter
I used the 11-14 last night for an evening session. Was anticipating a mixed bag so heated up with the 6-10 but the first fish headed straight for the pads and I couldn’t stop it.
Swapped to 11-14 and never looked back, had bream to almost 4lb on it and it was very forgiving. Plenty of power in reserve to keep the small carp away from the pads too.

chris1967

Site Supporter
Just ordered some of this and some solid hopefully should come today and i'll try it over weekend .

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
KND orange 6-10 hollow is the only one I've used so far, similar to NG white but lasts twice as long and delivered in half the time

Still love the NG ambercore green 10-14 though

Them two elastics cover everything except the really big lumps for me

endpeg

Site Supporter
I use the white and black, didn't like the orange found it juddery in the topkit?
Could have been a bad batch.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
not had that problem endpeg ? Is the inside of your topkit clean ? or the bore of the bush big enough ?

chris1967

Site Supporter
Just loaded 4 top kits up with the solid and hollow
Must say the reactacore elastic hasn’t been in 3 mth and has started to perish and split. Hydro seems to last ages
See how long this knd stuff lasts

Last edited:

johnfranks

I've been using this a while and never had a problem with it. Strange someone said it only comes in 3mt lengths as on their site it comes in 2mt 2.5mt and 3mt lengths.