Kiverton waters, the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

batetin

Does anyone out there know the truth about Kiverton waters. I am on there at the back end of september and i have all sorts of rumers, I am going for a run there on saturday to see if I can collar the baliff, but having heard that he is not even to be seen at the water I am a little pessimistic about finding anything out.

Any info would be reatly appriciated

Simon

mickaxon72

we are fishing it next week , sat 15th
bottom pond 1 to 34 , spoke to them yesterday and they only lost a few fish as did most in yorkshire ,
but most fish which did get wash out end up in the bottom pond any way.
all pleasure anglers were catching plenty , will let you know better when ive been.

mickaxon72

fished shocking , alot of the fish which were caught ,silvers mainly had sores all over and bleeding
loads have been lost ,and they say that it will be restocked end of sept begining of oct.
11-7 won carp on paste , lost some and missed plenty of bites . 13m .
7-4 second , maggot on ground bait feeder
5-6 third . feeder again .the owner did say to the winner , before the start to fish paste and stick it out as he would pick the odd carp and tench up . which would probably be enough .

batetin

9lb 12oz won followed by two 5lb odds then it was 1lbs and 0zs with a couple of blanks

mickaxon72

shocking . this place was advertised as the drayton of yorkshire .
we are sending a letter of complaint to british waterways ,as these weights can be caught on the local canal,
at halve the cost . and no blanks . Commercial my arse .

Hooty

Already beat you to it mick.
Sent a e-mail to BW this morning complaining, not at the fact that the fish have been lost due to the floods, but the deception from the people who lease the fishery.
We will see what happens cos at the end of the day its down to BW as its their name on the sign outside.

Hooty.

P.S. Batetin you are 5 points clear going into the last match pal.

batetin

Nice 1, lets see if i can take the fish trophy away from Skotty.

I can beieve that they told our lads on the same day 3 or 4 different stories about re-stocking the fishery its a discrace, i would not have been as bothered about the poor fishing as long as you know what fish you are targeting, if this was the case maybe more fish would have been caught!

fishing king

When this place first opened it did look set to be a fantastic venue, with some cracking catches. I for 1, and know plenty of others who also fished it regularly, winning with 90 - 100lbs+ etc. Even the lowest weights wer about 30 - 40lbs.

This place has been poorly managed and should be re stocked and the current 'manager' sacked. This place has turned into a shambles, all the money british waterways pumped into it and look what has happened.

The other groups of people who put plans forward in the begining should be given the opportunity to run it, especially the ones who have experience of running a fishery.

batetin

Too right Fishing King, it haas turned into a bit of a joke venue. It was a real struggle and evan tho we are only club anglers there are some very good anglers within, and the weights just show how bad it was. Also on the management of the fishery there was dig doings on some pegs and with the people walking round you kept having to move your pole to accomodate which is not ideal when fishing a match is it?

Hooty

The fishery management are totally out of their depths if you ask me.
Batetin is right, our lads were given thre or four different stories on the day of the match with regards to the amount of fish they have lost.
The reason they are out of their depths is they do not have a care in the world for the people they should be looking after, the people who put the money into these places, US the match anglers.
When you lose the trust of the anglers you might as well pack it in cos you will never get it back.
They should get off their idle @rses and go and take a look at some of the really well run fisheries around the area such as Lodge Farm, Hayfield, Lindholme, etc.
It is clear to me that they have no experience whatsoever in this field.
I asked the man who runs the fishery two questions only, 1. Which lake would you fish? his answer...i dont fish any of them (apparently he is a member of another fishing club somewhere else) and the most important one, 2. approximately how many fish have you lost? his answer....I'm hoping to have it drained or netted sometime next month to find out!
SO WHY WERE WE FISHING IT LAST WEEKEND THEN?
Why were we not informed of the situation and offered our money back?
Because they are greedy people who are just willing to take your money.
It is not right and i am in touch with the right people to find a proper solution.

Hooty.

Hooty

Just thought i'd let you all know that the regional manager for the Kiveton waters area is now on the case, liasing with BW with regard to the matter and has promised to keep me informed.
From what he told me it looks like BW will be carrying out an extensive reccy on the complex to see for themselves the state of the remaining fish stock.
I am sure that their findings will confirm what i have said previously, which is that the place should have been closed already and money should be refunded to clubs like ours who paid in full and in good faith, expecting a good match which is far from what we got.

Hooty.

baggerbailey

ive got a match on there on sunday, might not bother if its as bad as you say.lets hope bw sort it out once and for all and well done lads for getting the ball rolling

Hooty

Don't listen to the rubbish they try to tell you bagger.
It will be interesting to see what your match results are.

Good luck and take a book with you.

Hooty.

Hooty

Bagger,
How did you get on at Kiveton waters pal?

How did it fish?

Hooty.

baggerbailey

hi hooty we fished the big match lake 17 of us 13lb won it on the tip with several tench, 10lb second 1 carp and a few skimmers,6lb 3rd 1 carp everyboby struggled and some didnt get a bite all day. most of those who did catch caught very late on in the match.the bailiff said it was being restocked at end of month but ive heard that one before.

totality14

Hi guys ive been watching this thread with interest and the other weekend was up there on sunday for a look and at 4pm the gates were shut.I was talking to a match secetary for the chesterfield canal on wednesday last week and when I enquired about the fishing he was telling me about a report of dead fish floating down the canal earlier this year.when they got to the canal they found hundreds of dead carp knowing that they werent from the canal they did some investigating and found they had been dumped in the canal at the back of (you guessed it ) kiverton waters.this tells me they havent just lost fish to the floods but also theyu have had a massive fish kill that has been effectivley covered up by the floods.I reckon that mine seepage could be the problem here obviusley bad planning and bad management.

baggerbailey

it could even be sabotage,i know a lot of the locals were up in arms when bw got there hands on it there argument being it should be run by kiveton council and any profits put back into the community.fair point i,d say

Status
Not open for further replies.