Kinky???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Hi all
Just wonering if anyone out there has discovered a high tech line that doesn't twist or kink when fishing the feeder....Most of the lines I have tried seem ok at the 0.10 sizes and above, but if you need to go a little finer, then the trouble seems to start, any ideas[?][?]
Tight Lines[:)]

Steve

jonesr

Stevie,I hope you are talking hook-lengths? .10. Normally a swivel will do it in a majority of cases.If you are talking about mainlines,then you shouldn't have to go that low.

Ron J

Age isn't everything!
EXPERIENCE IS!

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Thanks Ron...yeah I was talking about hooklengths, sorry for not making myself very clear... I've tried the swivel trick, and although I found it to work up to a point, I dont feel that confident thinking that the fish has to pick up the wieght of the swivel before it moves the tip.....anyone else with any thoughts on that?

Steve

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Stevie,

I've experienced similar problems before on feeder when using the Drennan Double-strength lines. It's mailny to do with the length and speed of cast which is when the hook spins most. When winding in the hook doesn't spin as easily so a swivel doesn't really help.
I put a few hooklengths to one side and the minute I wind in with a kink, I change the hooklength.
It's the same when using stickfloats, in fact I stopped using the ultrafine hooklengths on rivers for that reason

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The line twist is probably caused by the hook bait spinning. Usually caused when fishing double maggot.
Slow down the retrieve or hook the maggots one in the 'thick end and the other in the pointed end'.

chill out go fishing

angler-mark

I must admit that I use mini swivels for feeder and float fishing and have never had a problem. I never use less than 18 inches hook lenghths on my feeder and no less than 10 inches on the float. I use Silstar line for float fishing and Shimano Baitrunner GT fot the feeder fishing.

Tight Lines

Mark

jonesr

As Mark said the small swivels are availlable in the shops,they are equal to a very small shot in weight.In an ideal world they would stop line spin which is caused by fast rewind in most cases.

Ron J

Age isn't everything!
EXPERIENCE IS!

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Thanks lads.... I'll give the swivel another go and see how it performs.... or more to the point .... how I perform lol

tight lines

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.