Kinks when tying hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

Doing my head in.

I currently use Daiwa TDR rig line for all my pole rigs, and the last inch or so of my hooklengths are absolutely terrible. I tie the hook using a blood knot and i always wet the line before i pull the knot tight, but i still get awful kinks in the bottom.

Would i be right in assuming that having kinked line above the hook can affect presentation?

Is it me? or is it the line?[B)]

nobby478

miserable old ....
I get this too sometimes and I think it might affect presentation...at least I was told it does just today. Try pulling just the tag-end..the one you will be cutting afterwards and not the mainline...and do it slowly...there's a lot of line to slide along all those loops.....I use 6 or 7 with hooklengths and that's a lot to move.

I still get the knot loosening off in use and that is what I have been told is costing me hitting those bites.

I just tried a stiffer set-up doing it with a knotless knot, but Jeez it's hard to see the line whipped around the hook when you are using 2lb onto a fine wire hook......at least it is for my eyes, these days[:I]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Blood knot is probably the weakest you can use. I assume these are eyed hooks. Use the knotless knot - problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.