Kingsland. Spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesr

Fished Kingsland Reservoirs Small Lake. at Coates,yesterday.Carp watching all morning.They were otherwise occupied? The good thing was that I saw fish in the lake that I didn't know existed!! One must have been a good 30+.The best caught last year was reported as 27lb.But one I saw yesterday was a Ghosty that was at least 3ft nose to tail!!![:0][:0] It made me put my pole away!![:H] Just hurry up and settle down to feed.[:T]

Last edited:

Bushman

Fished the same lake last Sunday. Same thing happening but there were enough carp prepared to feed. Our match was won with 145lb, 2nd 107lb and 3rd 95lb. Like you say some clonking fish and plenty of them knocking around.It was my first time on that lake, usually on the silver or other carp lake. can't wait to get back there in June.

jonesr

Bushman,I am going to give it another go tomorrow.[:T]In the small lake,there are so many fish that when they start to feed they will go mad for it.[:H]But all 3 lakes are well stocked.My mate fishes the silver fish lake,and i've known him have 30-40 Crucians in a morning.+ Tench. Brilliant fishing!![:T]

lesson2ya

Fished the big reservoir Sunday (23rd May) and had approx 200lb (biggest 13lb mirror and 2 ghostie doubles and lots of other doubles) out on the pole but there was spawning activity on the smaller lake, could it be the depth as the reservoir is 7 foot one rod length out? I had one of my best days fishing ever banded hard pellet on the deck.[:D]

jonesr

Well,I went back today and the small lake has settled down.Carp were being caught around the lake.The only problem was the Rudd,they were starving! They took everything put in the water.Pellet,Corn and Meat.The only way I got past them was using quite large lumps of paste[:T]

danb

Anyone know the current depths of the silverfish lake as i know the farmer uses it in the summer??? This time last year when we went it was around 5ft on the far pole line.

Cheers, Danny

jonesr

Danny,we were there yesterday(Mon.)The silver fish lake is ok at the moment.BUT. Richard was laying pipe to the field of potatoes.It looks as though he is going to irrigate soon.That will lower the level a bit.It does go down but it doesn't seem to effect the fishing a great deal.My mate fished it yesterday and had a good day.By the way,the Rudd in the small lake are still starving!!![:T]

lesson2ya

Had a problem here on the big lake where I just couldn't get through the amount of very small carp they were even attacking the float had to go on the method. Has anyone else had this or knows how to solve it?

Bushman

I'm fishing the silver lake at the beginning of August - some info on baits and methods would be helpful. In terms of being plagued by the small carp on the big lake - I'd try a big hard bait nailed to the bottom - Feeding them off is another option altough I imagine it would be almost impossible to do so as the numbers of small carp will be high. I'd carry on feeding in the hope the big ones move in and push the small ones out.

jonesr

Bushman,we are there again tommorow.(Thurs) I believe my mate is fishing the silver lake.I'll report back on how he does.Also whether they have started pumping?

jonesr

Bushman, Follow up!
All three lakes were fishing well.Silver Lake: My mate had estimated about 40-50lb of Crucian's + Bream around 3lb.The level is down a bit,but you still have 4-5ft of water in front.Margins about 3-4ft..Chub not showing!
Bear in mind,we only fish from about 7-30 till 1pm.
I had about 50-60lb of Carp in the small lake.

Have a good day!!!!!

Bushman

Thanks for the update. Sounds like we could be in for a good day (and weekend) - on Decoy one of the strips Saturday and East Delph Sunday - any idea about East Delph? How it's fishing, baits methods etc..? - Not fished it for a couple of years.

danb

Came second on our match with 42lb on the silverfish lake and won on the Big Carp lake. As for the small carp in there..............anyone who can feed them off must have a skip full of bait!! It has to be seen to be believed!! As mentioned the only way through them is to use big hard pellet. He said he has plans to remove the fish and i assume he will make a tidy sum from them as there must be 10s of thousands in. Stock pond comes to mind.

Danny

jonesr

Richard is not allowed to dig a fourth lake!(Planning permission)

Bushman

Jonesr. have you heard any reports about East Delph? I'm down for the w/end with my club at the beginning of Aug. One match on silver lake, Kingsland (really looking forward to that) one on Decoy - know all about that and one at East delph. Last time I fished it was a few years back (2nd big lake on the right)- it was the year we had all the heavy rain and floods so results were pretty average. Any up to date info (if you have any) greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.