Kindle Fire

Dusty

Our lass has had an I-Pad for the last 5 years or so which Is on its last legs, I’m looking at getting her a kindle fire 8 HD for Christmas as she only really uses it for watching Netflix/Sky in the bath or when getting ready for work.
Looking at the specs it looks a lot of tablet for the money, almost looks too good to be true.
Does anyone have one that can advise if they are any good? I can pick one up for just £65 which is about 4-5 times cheaper then the equivalent I-Pad

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If shes had an iPad do not buy her a Kindle as no matter what spec is quoted she wil see you as being a cheapskate and you'll end up buying the iPad in time anyway :)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
My kids have had several over the years and they are excellent. I always pay the extra to get the ads removed, otherwise the pop ups are a pain in the bum.

Buy a decent case for it off eBay since the Amazon ones are several times the price.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I use one everyday. I’d be lost without it. Brilliant device. Can’t fault them one bit. My last was bought on a Tescos offer. £50. Id recommend one. Tell her ..... It’s the thought that counts ..... when you are unwrapping you’re new 16m pole. ???

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I use a lenovo 10" tablet for netflix/utube and other channels while in bed or away from home. £80 from Argos.

I got our Gert the same as well as the new kindle and she knows she can borrow my I pad ?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
If shes had an iPad do not buy her a Kindle as no matter what spec is quoted she wil see you as being a cheapskate and you'll end up buying the iPad in time anyway :)

Dead right!

Or...
Buy her some DuBarry boots? :devilish::p