Killington Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
You may have seen this lake advertised in Angling Times last week (a three page article)

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thinking of having a weekend over there next month so any information would be very welcome.

Tight Lines

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:You may have seen this lake advertised in Angling Times last week (a three page article)....................Thinking of having a weekend over there next month

Looks like the advertising paid off then [:p]

Can't help you on this one Simon [:)]

Regards, Dave

philipg

Suggest weekdays if possible for Killington as weekends busy due to AT advert! Good roach bags on variety of methods but most seem to prefer distance feeder. White maggot catching over crumb. Occasional daft trout. General agreement that you need to ball it in. Some good catches on Motorway Services side of lake again mainly at distance on feeder but one or two bags made on long pole. No hard and fast rules, play it as you see it and dont be afraid to feed. Be warned of trekking back up this hill though at close of day. Heart attack time!
Some pike taking fish off feeder and also feeders themselves. Chance of some good snapper sport around the feeder fed roach shoals.
Tickets available 5 at Lodge house on far side of lake, just past yacht club, as seen from motorway.
Good luck
we are going tomorrow!(30 Oct)
Phil

Simon R

Site Supporter
Thanks for that Phil (and welcome to the mad MD's)

Is pike fishing allowed then?
Wasn't sure if you'd be able to use lures / deadbaits due to the trout population.
What sort of quantities of groundbait / maggots are you talking about (and just how bad is this hill?)

Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Tight Lines

Simon

philipg

sorry for the late reply ........poorly puter needed a dust and good kicking. Killy fished poor on the day we went due to being flat calm and sunny with the fish at distance, out of range and just not playing ball. Again the occasional daft trout surfaced to save from total boredom but i think it was just one of those days!

Never mind ..... other pastures to investigate. If anyone does fish Killy this month would be interested in the results though.

bye for now
phil

philipg

Oh i forgot ......... yes pike fishing is allowed, am unsure about live baiting but no other restrictions that i know of. I do not think the new coarse fish bait rules apply at this water but dont quote me ! ( i can find out though if you really need to know ). Can be pestered by aborted runs from the trout when deadbaiting though so be aware that all those screamers may not be pike!

I do know of certain low 20's from this water but may be few and far between, mainly jacks and mid teens.

phil

Status
Not open for further replies.