Kent Championships

Jimmy Bronze

MVAS. New to the area so just looking for a decent day out and a filthy eel or two.

Really appreciate all the info that has been put on here too 👍

JR Hartley

feel free to PM or ring me if you want more info Martin cook has my number. Happy for it to be a hard day for all just want a fair match which I think it will I honestly don’t believe there is one peg on that venue that you can say will win it Everyone has a chance. also Come and say hello Sunday nice to put names to faces

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
well, thats it

just been down the tackle shop for the fresh gentles and pinkies, the early morning hunt for lobbies under the worm traps produced a fair few along with a score of those little white slugs, only thing now bait wise is waiting on the caster to finish turning today

pole and whips checked and stashed in the hardcase, bomb and feeder rods too, reels checked

box and bags tidy and checked, rigs tied for damn near any eventuality that may or may not occur

scuttlebutt listened to, and plan formulated

not a lot else I can do to get an edge, just hope the draw is kind and the luck gods are on my side

Silver fan 82

well, thats it

just been down the tackle shop for the fresh gentles and pinkies, the early morning hunt for lobbies under the worm traps produced a fair few along with a score of those little white slugs, only thing now bait wise is waiting on the caster to finish turning today

pole and whips checked and stashed in the hardcase, bomb and feeder rods too, reels checked

box and bags tidy and checked, rigs tied for damn near any eventuality that may or may not occur

scuttlebutt listened to, and plan formulated

not a lot else I can do to get an edge, just hope the draw is kind and the luck gods are on my side
Good luck Mick 🤞

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Enjoy the match Mick and I hope the gods of the drawbag smile on you. :upthumb:

JR Hartley

Well Mick

least you have time to sort your gear out !! As my old woman hates me fishing and doing my gear she has made it awkward for me today as she made sure I’ve not had time so the gear has just been loaded not touched since last week at all.

ATTICUS FINCH

Well Mick

least you have time to sort your gear out !! As my old woman hates me fishing and doing my gear she has made it awkward for me today as she made sure I’ve not had time so the gear has just been loaded not touched since last week at all.
All different in the Finch house ,my Mrs is currently sorting some corn out of the freezer and soaking my expander pellet for me as I'm at work till 2am.
Everything else has been done and only the flask to be made in the morning (5:30am) alarm I must be mad. After a very enjoyable practice on Thursday I have got my plan of attack all ready to plunder the little fishes and hopefully take home some wedge and who knows maybe even a trophy.
MTC has been given all I cleaned from Thursdays session so should be fun

JR Hartley

Atticus
We worked our NUTS off yesterday the moody mistress is ready...... all swims cut all swims marked all swims raked I can only hope that whilst its going to be hard I think it’s going to be the fairest KC for a very very long time I can also say without a few lads that helped yesterday this event wouldn’t be going ahead when I had this silly idea 18 months ago this bloody virus wasn’t even around ! It’s massively thrown a spanner in the works with everything we have done but we are there all I can ask those people that fish tomorrow is without the band of nutters from EBAS and the hard work they have put in we wouldn’t be fishing tomorrow I can also say now no way am I volunteering to do it for at least another couple of years............ we’ll we do have another water that can hold over 100 easy so never never say never for next year !!

ATTICUS FINCH

I had a big perch Thursday. Two and half pound easy and lost one far far bigger nearer five pounds. Wouldn't mind having them tomorrow. More chance of being made pope 😜

Blanks

Site Supporter
Sounds like a great day in store whatever happens. Good luck to you all and tight lines.

Total

Site Supporter
I've been sitting here, tapping my fingers on the desk for a couple of days now!
Our Micks still packing up his gear and consulting with Mr Ringer about the dodgy tactics he suggested to our Mick! :p;):ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
Mick had a tough day , his better half was told to hide anything sharp and definitely not have any rope nearby.
My report is up for perusal in the where you fished today section
It was always going to be a tough day Bill given conditions, no flow etc etc etc...I take my hat off to the organisers, competitors....You pays your money, you takes your choice but good to see the competition taking place. Well done to all who took part...(y)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Nothing to report or write about

went, sat had brekkie with bill, chatted to a few faces outside that I hadnt seen for ages

picked up my peg number, got there, set up the kits-feeder rod for the plan of attack according to the way it fished during the previous week

caught 3 tiny bleak and a see through perch in the first hour

sat there biteless for the next four, weighed in 2oz and the scalesman was being generous at that

went home

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
ended up watching the birdlife

had a marsh harrier feeding over the other side bank, couple nice herons flew past, a big old whooper swan, and quite a few reed warblers in the nearside cover, plus a lot of dragonflies