Kent Championships

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
The Venue for the above at Blackwall-wittersham on the river Rother will be open for pracice between Monday 7th september to thursday 10th september

day tickets available on the bank £5 through the baliff

there will be a WHITE combination lock on the gate and the code will be 1976

you may drive along the flood bank and park behind your peg on these days, (not on match day)

any problems ring Tony on 07876939959

(you must be booked on through your KCFA affiliated club secretary before 5th sept to fish this match, no entries on the day)

Silver fan 82

The Venue for the above at Blackwall-wittersham on the river Rother will be open for pracice between Monday 7th september to thursday 10th september

day tickets available on the bank £5 through the baliff

there will be a WHITE combination lock on the gate and the code will be 1976

you may drive along the flood bank and park behind your peg on these days, (not on match day)

any problems ring Tony on 07876939959

(you must be booked on through your KCFA affiliated club secretary before 5th sept to fish this match, no entries on the day)
I'm not a match angler by any means Mick but what's the fishing like at Blackwall? Heard its quite good?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"there will be a WHITE combination lock on the gate and the code will be 1976"

Handy if anyone fancies free access or a bit of EE poaching

Oooops 😃

ATTICUS FINCH

I'm not a match angler by any means Mick but what's the fishing like at Blackwall? Heard its quite good?
I have fished blackwall a couple of times this year July and August, it's a reasonably fair venue but the bream will dominate the frame, lots of bleak and small roach and skimmers

Jimmy Bronze

What is the flow like there? We talking 2g pole floats and more? I get depends on the weather but looks fairly settled for this week. Cheers

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
based on the info Ive gained from various sources

Most of the time down the track, your need or get away with 1.0 gramme rigs, and along the shelves with 0.5 to 0.8

flow depends on the gates being opened for either rain, which we havent had much of, or boat traffic

will be there on tuesday,practicing, so will fine up then

Ive tied rigs from 0.5 through to 1.5, if its more than that the wagglers coming out

Pompous git

Site Supporter
If you want to win the Kent championship this is what you do.

An ordinary ten foot leger rod will suffice, an ordinary 2500 reel will suffice.

Three pound maxima main line will be fine.

On the end of this line tie a small bomb.

Twelve inches from this weight make a small loop.

Using loop to loop attach a two foot hook length with a size fourteen.

A grain of corn is first choice bait if not half a redworm tipped with a caster.
Groundbait is easy, fifty fifty red magic and lake 3000.

Mix it so the stuff gets to the bottom quickly.

Don`t go mad use a golf ball size dollop every now and then, bites will decide how often.

Drop your tackle two feet downstream from the ground bait, be accurate.

Leave a bow in the line to encourage pulls rather than jabs.

Leave your pole in the shed or better still take it to the tip.

Spend all your winnings on beer.

JR Hartley

All

with reference to the gate number it’s only been put on to allow those fishing this Sunday a chance to practice it will be removed there after. The venue is regularly Bailiffed I had a match there Sunday I’ve have scraped a win with 6-6 hard going but very fair. Sunday will make a lot of people think also it’s a sell out with 97 fishing

pies

Site Supporter
It will be won on bomb. Got fed up drawing wrong end there. Not once did i draw past the owl boxes 😞

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
All

with reference to the gate number it’s only been put on to allow those fishing this Sunday a chance to practice it will be removed there after. The venue is regularly Bailiffed I had a match there Sunday I’ve have scraped a win with 6-6 hard going but very fair. Sunday will make a lot of people think also it’s a sell out with 97 fishing
Bigger than this years Fish-O qualifier at monks !

Reactions: map

JR Hartley

Mick it was over 100 but a few have had to drop out due to family stuff etc never did I when I discussed it last year with Dennis Hammond did I ever think it was going to be this big ! But I’ve had nothing but help & support from the Ebas committee and all the lads that fish on a Sunday. ! It’s going to be a very level playing field Sunday which anyone can win going for bits and put a weight together? Or site out for the lumps ? It’s going to make people think about how to fish it ! I call Wittersham the moody mistress some times she accommodating or other she won’t give you a thing ! We will see on Sunday!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
its right nice to see so many on, thats really evened it up along the match stretch,

I thought I had got proper prepped for this, but am gonna have to include a couple more options in my thoughts,