Keepnet recommendations

90sGear

Site Supporter
I seem to be going through these faster than some of my disposable bits of kit.

I've used Preston space savers, like the mesh strength, fix angle locks always seem to go on me though, appreciate they can be replaced.

Frenzee ones, don't bother, plastic angle adjusters snap in heat and rings bend big time.

With the cost of many nets being around 50 quid and often needing to carry four does anyone have any insights to cheaper nets that actually last or at least last as long as more expensive items.

Fyi I like short nets and tend to fish commercials in the main and they are used week in week out.

Cheers

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
It is a shame that Keepnets Direct are always out of stock. Their nets are great for the price but unfortunately they don't seem to keep up with demand. May be worth contacting them though to finds out when delivery is expected.

Nicky Dodds

Don't be tempted by the okuma carbonite 3m. The bottom rings are hollow aluminum tubing rendering them almost almost weightless until they fill with water and mostly too light to keep the net extended. The intermediate rings are flimsy soft plastic with no rigidity which makes it difficult to lift even a decent canal weight out of the water. The neck of the angle lock on mine snapped clean off today (Saturday) whilst unscrewing a keepnet arm from it. It was 4 months old.

90sGear

Site Supporter
It is a shame that Keepnets Direct are always out of stock. Their nets are great for the price but unfortunately they don't seem to keep up with demand. May be worth contacting them though to finds out when delivery is expected.

Was looking at those Neil and tbh look decent especially the silver alloy ringed version, like you say it'll be a case of awaiting stock, cheers

90sGear

Site Supporter
Don't be tempted by the okuma carbonite 3m. The bottom rings are hollow aluminum tubing rendering them almost almost weightless until they fill with water and mostly too light to keep the net extended. The intermediate rings are flimsy soft plastic with no rigidity which makes it difficult to lift even a decent canal weight out of the water. The neck of the angle lock on mine snapped clean off today (Saturday) whilst unscrewing a keepnet arm from it. It was 4 months old.
Noted! Appreciated.

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Just got one of the Okuma nets, only paid £20.00, just wanted back up net, may have wasted my money

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I like the MAP Slider keepnets, and they seem to do what it says on the tin...

i use the matrix 3 meter carp nets, they have 2 threaded bits on them so you can attach them how ever is best, most of the matches i fish have a 60LBS net limit and never had a problem with strength or felt like they were on the verge of giving up.

GazzaG2016

I just purchased 2 of Preston Innovations 3.5 metre quick dry keepnets, they look pretty tough time will tell.

Paul22

I bought a couple of Maver nets new and one second hand these have been great had them for years now....... one of them has solid nylon instead of mesh round the top ring ...... I’d avoid this style because when you dip your net it collects water like a bucket and it’s a pain.