Keepnet positioning

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Not a knock at you Dave OR anyone else that fishes using so many nets( i do realise it,s necessary on a lot of waters)
But i could,nt fish like that to save my life,it looks so messy and awkward.:):censored:
In a match you need to be smooth and efficient particularly when catching big weights in this case 4 nets with 50lbs in a net is the norm however sometimes you'll need 5 or 6 nets and on others you'll only fill two of them but the last thing you want is to be getting off your box to put more nets in when you're catching well. Start with the left net, click 50lbs move onto the second, click 50lbs move onto the third etc.

Your knees sit naturally just in-front of your keep nets, your landing net rests on top of your 2nd net with the handle behind you as shown in the last picture below and fish are netted in front of your nets, with the landing slid back and placed in-between your knees to unhook the fish so it can be lowered in the landing net and released into the respective net.

Bait is all to hand, pole sock is on the right everything is organised to hand for speed fishing. Look at any top anglers set up and they will be similar.

Similar set up, less nets, different angles including a river set up's below. The one thing in common is the organisation where bait, nets and access to box draws is all to hand.

Dave in action web.jpg
FB_IMG_1616009631629.jpg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Do you keep your silvers net to one side @dave brittain 1 ?
Saw a post the other week where a net was disqualified because a carp was in a silvers net (or vice versa)

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Do you keep your silvers net to one side @dave brittain 1 ?
Saw a post the other week where a net was disqualified because a carp was in a silvers net (or vice versa)
If you look at the first picture I posted with 4 nets you'll note that the R/H net is a Cadence net, this is my silvers net. On all of the venues I fish carp and silvers have to be retained in separate nets otherwise you will get disqualified. If you run out of nets other anglers or the fishery will supply nets if you phone them and tell them you are running out.

Note at Todber, Viaduct and Stafford Moor most anglers capable of catching big weights take 7 or nets as all three venues are capable of producing big weights of carp and silvers.

bluemack

Site Supporter
In a match you need to be smooth and efficient particularly when catching big weights in this case 4 nets with 50lbs in a net is the norm however sometimes you'll need 5 or 6 nets and on others you'll only fill two of them but the last thing you want is to be getting off your box to put more nets in when you're catching well. Start with the left net, click 50lbs move onto the second, click 50lbs move onto the third etc.

Your knees sit naturally just in-front of your keep nets, your landing net rests on top of your 2nd net with the handle behind you as shown in the last picture below and fish are netted in front of your nets, with the landing slid back and placed in-between your knees to unhook the fish so it can be lowered in the landing net and released into the respective net.

Bait is all to hand, pole sock is on the right everything is organised to hand for speed fishing. Look at any top anglers set up and they will be similar.

Similar set up, less nets, different angles including a river set up's below. The one thing in common is the organisation where bait, nets and access to box draws is all to hand.

Dave in action web.jpg
FB_IMG_1616009631629.jpg
What you are saying makes a lot of sense and using the cadence net for silvers is a simple but good idea. (y)
I suspect it,s because i so rarely fish commercials that it really does,nt apply to my fishing,so looks a tad awkward
i,m sure if i did fish commies i,d have to adapt and do the same thing.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and take me/us through how you do it.(y)(y)

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Interesting, because one of the things I do on every Commercial I fish is to make sure I have a swim by the side or front of the platform. So I normally put as many nets as I can to one side.

I start with two, fill a net in front of me then move it along as far as I can on the bar; then fill the second and move that along. Then add another in front etc.