Keepnet arm/bar for 16mm legs

davej1981

Im trying to get the above to fit to octoplus/16mm round legs (or another 2 octoplus banksticks which seem as common as rocking horse poo!). Im aware octoplus did make them though finding them without paying a fortune is hard. I also know theres inserts from preston for the offbox accessories, which i assume diifer from the offbox 36, will the inserts fit to any other make of accessories to make the search easier?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I think the only way to use these inserts with either the standard offbox 30mm brackets or the offbox 36 then use a 30mm insert plus the octoplus insert, maybe korum brackets will work aswell.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
you can tap the inside of octoplus legs to take a keepnet and/or put some threaded bar to extend as a keepnet bar.

davej1981

you can tap the inside of octoplus legs to take a keepnet and/or put some threaded bar to extend as a keepnet bar.
I was thinking this but the cost of the a 3/8 baf tap seems a bit pricey, maybe im just tight! I have loads of spare legs and accessories so it’s something im looking into if i can find a tap if would solve a lot of searching! Should have been first option really coming from an engineering background, shame i dont still work at my old place as we had a machinest there who used to make up all the spare parts at work, he could literally make anything!

davej1981

Just found them alot cheaper than id seen so deffo the way to go i think!, would certainly give me scope to customise what I already ready have ?

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I was thinking this but the cost of the a 3/8 baf tap seems a bit pricey, maybe im just tight! I have loads of spare legs and accessories so it’s something im looking into if i can find a tap if would solve a lot of searching! Should have been first option really coming from an engineering background, shame i dont still work at my old place as we had a machinest there who used to make up all the spare parts at work, he could literally make anything!
Do you live close to Middlesbrough ? I have one. IIRC I also may have the correct drill to drill them.
I sit with my box at an angle to the bank so keepnet bars do not work ( have tried ) this is what I use ( the small one is a little wonky but I was using a hand drill ) the attachments are prologic fitted to 25mm aluminium bar drill 3/8 one end and 8mm the other.

Attachments

• keepnet.jpg
    keepnet.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 6

davej1981

Do you live close to Middlesbrough ? I have one. IIRC I also may have the correct drill to drill them.
I sit with my box at an angle to the bank so keepnet bars do not work ( have tried ) this is what I use ( the small one is a little wonky but I was using a hand drill ) the attachments are prologic fitted to 25mm aluminium bar drill 3/8 one end and 8mm the other.
Thats a kind offer but im in sussex! Cant be any harder than drilling and tapping stainless steel as i used to do at work! You’ve certainly given me some inspiration so i will drag all my brackets and attachments out and see what i can come up with!

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I have cobbled a few bits on bobs over the years form my box of "may come in handy" attachments
I use two of them one on each leg . the brass tread is 3/8 so I can screw another on ( never needed to )

davej1981

Managed to throw together this although didn’t really require any “fabrication”! An old long super foot with the foot removed! Going to try and put one of those conical end bungs on the otherside for neatness. Couple of the small brackets i have knocking around and done! Dont why I didn’t think of it before. Just need the tap to make a couple of bansticks from the small original legs and job done! I may be wrong but the hole that would be left when removing the end cone looks like it could be about the right size for the tap (8.2mm) B5EAD360-CE17-4ADD-984E-84A8689C9852.jpeg

Last edited:

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
"An old long super foot with the foot removed! " that's what I have used along with the original offbox leg adapter ( ATM I have square legs ).
I think the hole is 8mm IIRC I have a drill I think its 8.2mm that I run through.
I have 3 of those bars one is shorter to go between the legs on my footplate so can set up 5 nets.