Keep at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

violator

Went to Elphicks yesterday, last time I went Prairie lake was closed because of low oxygen levels, so I was hoping as the weather had cooled the lake was open, and it was. They must still be having concerns as they had mobilised a portable aerator at one end of the lake and there was another one on Sandwich.
I pitched up at the back of the island and went out on the float, then the method feeder, back to the float, back to the feeder...
It was a struggle, it was almost noon and I'd only had 4 fish which is very unusual for Elphicks. I assumed the lake was suffering and the fish had switched off, and to be honest I was planning to give it another 15 minutes and then head back home, but decided to stick it out and keep trying. Then at 1pm it was like someone had rang the dinnerbell! For the next two hours it was non stop. By then I was fishing a preston method by some willows about two rodlengths out and it was a bite every chuck. So from what was a real scratching session ended up a good haul and I finished with about 15 carp up to about 12lb. [:D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Hope you popped in to say hello to Vince. He is there till sunday. My net is only 38" rather than 42" so cant join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.